The Database Administrator role will have the opportunity to contribute across multipole product data layers, cloud infrastructures, and will help to improve our overall reliability and responsiveness.
What you will do:
- Install, monitor, and maintain PostgreSQL & MySQL software
- Implement monitoring and alerting
- Implement backup and recovery processes
- Deliver projects through planning, design, build-out, testing, and deployment
- Provide system and SQL performance tuning and assist in business process integration with various data sources
- Fulfill user requests ranging from access control, backup, restore, refresh to non-production to performance tuning
- Perform regular secure query audits and maintain a rigid information security policy regarding data encryption at rest and in flight
- Provides online & on-call coverage for production support and administration of AWS Aurora and Heroku
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline, or graduation from a top bootcamp program; experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 3+ years hands-on experience in database administration/engineering (PostgreSQL and/or MySQL) and git code management practices including one year of experience with Heroku and AWS Aurora and RDS is required
- Familiarity with Django ORM
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $58,100-$83,000. This range is estimated for the Database Administrator - Sustainability position in Loveland, Colorado. Actual salary and benefits may differ based upon location.
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions. Our benefit package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
In addition to base pay, this role is also eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan, consistent with the terms of our plan, which provide discretionary award opportunities reflecting components such as performance of the company and the employee. Details will be discussed through the application process.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Nutrien also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions.