As a Data Scientist within Manufacturing Q&R's Core Capabilities team, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Collaborate with engineering teams to deliver and sustain supervised and unsupervised machine learning models to Intel manufacturing environments to improve the cost and quality of Intel products.
- Partner with stakeholder throughout Manufacturing Q&R to develop next generation systems for identifying, dispositioning and steering discrepant material throughout the supply chain.
- Assist in developing capabilities for large scale data mining, data analytics, anomaly detection, and visualization to support and inform engineering decision making.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Skills to work through ambiguous problems, applying a consistent approach that emphasizes flexibility, teamwork, collaboration, and iteration.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
This position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or other similar field of study.
- 1+ year(s) of Python programming language experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas through significant academic and/or professional work:
- Integrating data science applications with web applications.
- Object-oriented programming using C++, C#, Java, or similar.
- Semiconductor manufacturing, especially in semiconductor quality and reliability.
- Working with one or more relational and non-relational databases and analytical frameworks, including e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, HBase, Spark, Teradata.
- Working with cross-functional teams to deliver and support products ("DevOps" experience).
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.