Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Job Posting Title: Data Scientist, CNN Data Science
Job Posting Location: Atlanta, GA (CNN Center), New York, NY (Hudson Yards)
Your New Role…
The Data Scientist is responsible for modeling and analyzing CNN user/audience behavior to drive content and product decision-making across CNN Digital and TV platforms. They will build tools and systems to automate, scale, and advance the work of CNN’s Research and Analytics department.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Support the team’s efforts to write scripts, build tools that automate and optimize existing analysis & reporting, and develop new capabilities and datasets.
- Use R/Python to develop statistical/ML models for prediction, classification, and inference.
- Collaborate with partners in Data Engineering to monitor, validate data and investigate irregularities.
- Work with analytics leaders to help define metrics and user cohorts.
- Aid in the development of time series forecast models estimating CNN audiences for Ad Sales and Financial planning
- Perform ad-hoc and exploratory analysis of user trends to answer business questions and uncover new insights.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 0-2 years of work experience in the field of data science and analytics
- Strong R or Python, along with SQL, skills required.
- Experience cleaning, aggregating, and analyzing large data sets.
- Experience building statistical/ML models for prediction, classification, and inference.
- Demonstrated ability to make advanced data techniques interpretable and understandable to non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of digital media or television industry data is preferred.
- Experience with R Shiny or Tableau preferred
- Experience with Snowflake and AWS (S3, EC2, Sagemaker) preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.