Intel CorporationHillsboro, OR15 days ago
Initiates the research, development and implementation of Resolution Enhancement Techniques (RET) for nanoscale process technologies. Investigates potential inventions typically 2 to 4 years prior to being applied to a product. Scope includes models and software to perform layout correction for high resolution reproduction on wafers. Applies software engineering methods, theories and research in the investigation and solution of technical RET problems. Defines and selects new approaches and implementation of RET software engineering applications, design specifications and parameters. Maintains substantial knowledge of state of the art principles and theories in lithography, optics, resists, modeling, and software engineering. Contributes to scientific literature, conferences, and the development of intellectual property.
Coordinates interdepartmental activities and research efforts. Must be able to interact with both VLSI design and silicon process technology development, and mask making communities to ensure solutions are optimal. Additionally, can use use predictive modeling, statistics, machine learning, data mining, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, visualize, and to develop software algorithms and applications to compensate for empirical effects in photolithography imaging and etch pattern transferal process.
You must possess the below minimum requirements to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
- Successful candidates must possess a Master's or Ph.D. in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering; Mathematics, Optics, Nano-Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or Related Scientific Discipline.
- Candidates must have at least one of the following qualifications (having more than one will be preferred):
- 1+year experience in mathematics, including algebra, linear algebra, calculus, statistics and familiarity with DOE Techniques.
- 1+ years' experience in C++ Programming or Python scripting, Statistics packages such as JMP, General scientific applications such as MATLAB or Mathematica.
- 6+ months experience and comfort in Linux/Unix environments.
- 6+ months of experience in Computational simulation.
- 6+ months of experience in Semiconductor fabrication, Nano-Lithography.
- 6+ months of experience in algorithm development.
- 6+ months experience in Nanometrology (e.g. Scanning Electron Microscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy, etc.)
- 6+ months experience in Image Processing, Geometric and Fourier optics.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.