John DeereIowa, United Statesa month ago
As a Data Scientist at John Deere on the ISG Product Analytics team you will work to generate high-value insights on agronomic and geospatial analytics projects. The role will work with large and diverse data sets to analyze and implement solutions to a variety of questions posed by customers and the business.
- Frame and model business scenarios that are impactful on critical business problems and/or decisions connected with dealers and customers
- Articulate these value propositions in the form of stories from data
- Execute modern machine learning methodologies (Neural Networks, Boosted Trees, Optimization) as well as have solid fundamentals (Linear and Logistic Regression models, Feature Engineering), and utilize these to frame business scenarios that impact critical business problems and/or decisions connected with dealers and customers
- Implement algorithms that extract information from machine-generated data and analyze it in an efficient manner
- Work closely with the Data Engineering teams to ensure data is stored efficiently and in such a way to facilitate the required analytics
- Extract and organize data independently using technologies such as Spark and SQL
- Proactively apply analytical techniques to prospect for business insights and find patterns in data which could be valuable for the business
- 1+ years of experience using SQL and Python
- In depth knowledge of current analytical methods and techniques and be able to utilize these to execute in a team environment
- 1+ years of experience applying analytical methodologies and techniques on advanced projects, being able to demonstrate the development of algorithms and predictive models to solve business issues
- 1+ years of experience working on cross-functional/divisional project
- Ability to communicate complex analytical insights in a manner which is clearly understandable by the business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, etc.), Master's Degree preferred
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.