We are a team of data scientists and data engineers building and supporting Analytic Solutions for Spirit Airlines.
This position is responsible for enabling Spirit to leverage Airline & Customer data to generate actionable intelligence, improve decision making, drive innovation, and unlock new business insights. Specifically, this data will include time-series (aircraft, crew, and other IoT), structured (relational data stores), and unstructured (text and multi-media) data. The candidate will work in a collaborative research and development environment focusing on developing statistical, machine learning, and deep learning models to solve various business problems including revenue management, air safety & airplane maintenance, crew management, fuel optimization, in-flight food supply, fraud detection, flight management.
The ideal candidate will closely collaborate with various internal stakeholders, data engineers, project/program managers, and other teams to turn data into critical information to inform decision making. This requires understanding business needs, providing and receiving regular feedback, and planning the proper transfer of developed solutions. Validate findings with the business by sharing analysis outputs in a way that can be understood by business stakeholders.
- Work effectively with remote leadership and collaborate with global teams.
- Architect of end-to-end data science applications on modern data processing technology stack (e.g., Azure)
- Ability to translate executive and analytics leaders’ vision and guidance into methods and analytics. Strong time management and presentation skills.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Bachelor’s degree in a Quantitative discipline (e.g., Geomatic Engineering, Geography, Environmental Engineering, Statistics).
- 1-3 years’ experience in geography, statistic and data science
- Solid understanding of relevant theories in machine learning, statistics, probability theory, and algorithms.
- Experience with cloud computing (Azure in particular) and distributed systems
- Plan, execute and direct cloud-based parallel processing work-flows built using python, GDAL, ArcPy, PostgreSQL, ArcGIS, QGIS, and R.
- Analyze raster and vector data at scale to improve model accuracy, identify quality control issues, and develop suggested remedies for identified issues.
- Knowledge of environmental spatial datasets, including satellite imagery, topography, weather, soil and climate model output.
- Knowledge of Geospatial Dashboard such as Operation Dashboard and PowerBI.
- Expertise with database querying and aggregation, particularly with SQL.
- Good knowledge on analytics algorithms and statistical concepts including multi-variate, computational statistics and matrix algebra.
- Experience processing geospatial data including Georeferencing, orthorectifying and mosaicking imagery, re-projecting, routing.
- Familiarity with products from different missions and vendors (Landsat, Sentinel, WorldView, Planet, etc.)
- Experience with SAR and inSAR data.
- Deep Learning and Computer Vision is a Plus
- No travel required
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- 100% On-site
Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
At Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: We are proud to be recognized by LinkedIn as a Top Company in the Travel & Hospitality industry. Our constant growth and improvement means boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.