Data Platform Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Platform Engineer preferably with a background in statistics, experimentation and/or machine learning to help us design and implement world class frameworks and platforms underpinning experimentation and algorithmic products at Stitch Fix. In this role, you will participate in all phases of software development, from the system design through implementation and ongoing support. You’ll build robust pipelines that take advantage of Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Kafka, S3 and scalability features of AWS. This role is highly cross functional and you will enjoy getting to know our partners across all areas of the business.
As a team, we work together to prioritize features and directions, but you will have responsibility for deliverables and you will be largely self-directed in determining what you work on. This is not a role where your day-to-day is determined by a PM or a ticket - success on the team includes defining problems, brainstorming ideas, implementing solutions and owning the process end to end.
- Minimum of 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong programming background; expertise in Python and/or Go required.
- Experience working with experimentation and/or applied machine learning.
- Experience implementing low latency public APIs (REST architecture, Fast API preferred).
- Knowledge or interest in statistics.
- Experience with microservices.
- Experience and comfort building on top of AWS.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL...
- Help shape experimentation and algo frameworks at Stitch Fix.
- Be an owner of highly visible, high-traffic platforms.
- Have the opportunity to work on all aspects of systems, from services to backend data stores to analytics and logging.
- Share the responsibility of directing the team’s investment in impactful directions.
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable, resilient systems.
- Work with bright and kind colleagues who are passionate about their craft.
WE GET EXCITED ABOUT CANDIDATES WHO HAVE...
- Experience working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- A rigorous focus on simple solutions that yield business impact.
- Strong experience building out scalable, distributed, and production systems.
- The ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical business partners alike, and who are interested in building strong cross-functional relationships.
- A desire to question the status quo and promote innovative solutions to challenging problems.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX:
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.