Data & Insights Manager
The Manager, Insights & Analytics will own and manage the implementation of reporting and analytics solutions for retail operations clients. This role will work with Account Managers to design and build insightful and compelling reporting dashboards and other analytical solutions. This role will also work closely with the Operations Team to build automated processes supporting the efficiency of operations, as well as adding additional value to our service to clients.
- Understand the underlying data model and map business requirements to technical specifications.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of standardized reporting.
- Collaborate with Account Management Team to capture and define reporting and analysis needs.
- Facilitate ad hoc reporting and analysis requests based on client requests or the need for deeper analysis/optimization.
- Build data sources to be used for further analysis by consolidating data from multiple source systems.
- Build high quality Data Studio dashboards based on gathered requirements within demanding timescales.
- Troubleshoot reports, dashboards, and SQL issues.
- Enhance existing reports and dashboards for performance optimization.
- Build processes to support the Account Management Team and Operation Team day-to-day operations.
- Proactively seek opportunities drive innovation and process improvement within the reporting and operations space.
- Collaborate with Operations Team to influence data architecture, data quality and performance considerations
- Define reporting/process related best practices, processes, data taxonomies, technical documentation and participate in user training and adoption
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems, relentless learner, open to change, improves, enjoys challenges and finding solutions
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change, can decide or act without the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- Drive for Results: Exceeds goals successfully, constantly & consistently a top performer, and pushes themselves for results
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Peer Relationships: Finds common ground/solves problems for the good of all, solves problems with peers, is a team player, collaborates and supports peers
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard, full of energy for new challenges, seizes opportunity
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient in Excel including advanced formulas and VBA
- Strong programming skills with projects experience (Python is preferred)
- Experience working with Modern Cloud Native Data Warehouses (BigQuery is preferred)
- Strong understanding of data, data structures, data models, with understanding of relational and dimensional modeling concepts
- Strong SQL skills with experience working with large datasets to generate reports and dashboards
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Ability to gather business requirements and translate them into technical reporting/BI requirements for implementation
- Strong business acumen and ability to address business problems with actionable insights via problem definition, structured problem solving, and storytelling to help stakeholders make data-informed decisions.
- Highly analytical thinker who leans towards structure and process.
- Excellent task management and task prioritization skills.
- Experience in defining reusable dashboard and documentation templates.
- Familiarity with the e-commerce business particularly Amazon
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Tinuiti requires anyone working onsite, visiting Tinuiti offices or attending company sponsored events to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved by The People Team. Please reach out Recruiting.com@Tinuiti.com if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Tinuiti. It is also our employees’ duty to recognize the potential risks of vaccinations and consult with a medical professional to help in determining what is best for their health. Tinuiti reserves the right to update or modify this policy at any point in time.