Data Engineering Intern
Reporting to the Data Engineer, the Data Engineering Intern is responsible for preparing and cleansing data for analytics and machine learning operations around the company, while maintaining standards for accuracy and scalability required for a large global company.
As a candidate for this role, you are passionate about learning new technologies, and implementing systems which unlock data for various stakeholders around the business. You are a self-starter but enjoy collaborating within a communicative and enthusiastic technical team. You also are personable and able to engage non-technical stakeholders with exciting technical solutions.
- Assist in the deployment of ETL and ELT data pipelines in an Azure environment
- Build and design Data Warehouse tables which fit stakeholder needs in a computationally efficient manner
- Quickly troubleshoot and remediate errors due to source data changes
- Engage with stakeholders to gather requirements, and translate their needs into concrete, technically-sound solutions
- Properly document and outline changes for an enterprise IT environment
- Coding complex transformations using programming languages like Python
- Maintaining and improving scripts and libraries used for data processing and delivery
- 2nd year or beyond in University studying a technical subject including but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, or Data Science
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL queries
- Moderate knowledge of Python, and some familiarity with the major data processing libraries like pandas, dask, and pyspark
- Familiarity with software engineering techniques and practices such as unit testing, CI/CD pipelines, containerized environments, and version control
- Knowledge of cloud environments like Azure and AWS an asset
- Excellent problem solving skills; including the ability to quickly and accurately locate documentation via search engine
- Ability to help solve problems and develop solutions while working with stakeholders around the business
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or on-boarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.