Advisor Services Technology (AST) group within Schwab Technology Services (STS) is responsible for the applications, services, platforms and technologies required to deliver a suite of products, including Schwab Advisor Center, Schwab Advisor Portfolio Connect, Schwab Intelligent Integration and variety of key capabilities and tools to Registered Investment Advisors (RIA’s).
Schwab Advisor Center (SAC) is Schwab’s premier custody platform supporting over 7500 Registered Investment Advisors (RIA’s). Schwab Advisor Center Core platform engineering team is responsible for platform engineering, modernization & maintenance for Schwab Advisor Center (SAC), collaborating across a matrixed organization to deliver business value with efficient technology solutions.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who has a passion for data science, data modeling, and data analytics. They will help build data solutions that are critical to business and customer workflows. We need someone passionate and experienced in scalable data systems that power our core business. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for partnering with product and technology leaders to understand and interpret solution requirements. The role also includes working various application team to ensure technical integrity and consistency of solutions with Schwab’s strategy and standards. Hands on experience designing and implementing high volume transactional data systems with multiple delivery channels. This role requires someone excited to advance a team through the transition from traditional data solutions to emerging data patterns. They must have SQL capabilities at a level where they can take in a business request for a new data extract and then find and code a statement that will return the desired values. The candidate must be prepared to act as a SME for any designs they create and are given to DBAs for implementation. They must be able to mediate DBA to Business conflicts in a way that supports the business desire while simultaneously provides stable data base structure that is easily maintained.
What you are good at
- Analyzing and translating business needs to create solution data models
- Evaluating current data systems
- Working with data architects and database administrators to design conceptual data models and data flows
- Evaluating changes to existing systems for cross-compatibility.
- Implementing data strategies and creating physical data models
- Updating and improving local and metadata models
- Assessing implemented data systems to look for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems
What you have
- Familiarity with or a bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, information technology, or data modeling
- Ability to translate business data processes and/or requirements to an easily understandable requirements to different technical teams (ex: DB Dev, App Dev, QA)
- 5 -8 years of experience with ER modeling, big data, enterprise data, and physical data models
- 5 - 8 years of experience in metadata management and related tools
- Experience of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis
- 5 - 8 years of experience in developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- 5 - 8 years of experience acquiring data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- 5 - 8 years of experience with all aspects of data systems, including database design, ETL, aggregation strategy, performance optimization
- 5-8 years of experience in developing, tuning, and debugging complex SQL queries
- 5-8 years of experience developing relational, non-relational, and dimensional data models
- Experience working on agile teams delivering data solutions
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.