Data Analyst – ESG Environmental, Social and Governance
At The Coca-Cola Company, our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals and commitments are anchored by our purpose ‘to refresh the world and make a difference’ and are core to our growth strategy. To create a more sustainable business and better shared future, The Coca-Cola System drives various initiatives globally, which generates thousands of data points across various pillars of ESG. The Sustainability and Transformation (S&T) team, within the Corporate Quality, Safety and Environment (QSE) function is entrusted with establishing robust processes and system to leverage these data sets for driving performance, progress, and an accurate reporting for our internal and external stakeholders.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to build broad knowledge of the Company’s global business, and to make a difference by contributing to company’s progress against its ESG commitments. The Coca-Cola Company has invested in industry leading digital platforms (like Enablon) to enhance its environment and social performance and reduce risks.
What You’ll Do for Us:
- Ensure that all required data sets related to company’s ESG commitments and Quality, Safety and Environment (QSE) metrics are reviewed, analyzed, and submitted in time for external reporting like the Company’s Business, Environment and Social Governance (BESG) report, Reporting on climate disclosures as part of Securities and Exchange Commission requirements (SEC), Climate Disclosure Project (CDP) reporting, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) reporting, etc.
- Drive and participate in cross functional routines related to all external and internal reporting.
- Monitor and drive efficiency in the data management process, starting from data collection at facilities to qualifying the data for reporting progress against our commitments, both internally and externally.
- Analyze the collected data for accuracy and completion. Be an enabler and leverage technology and data management expertise to drive improvement in timeliness and accuracy of the data.
- Collaborate with cross functional, cross geography team members to improve and enhance the process of data governance. Design and implement required checks and measures to enhance robustness of the process.
- Enhance system capability to leverage best in class digital platforms to capture the required data in timely and accurate manner.
- Become the subject matter expert to understand and leverage all functionalities of the existing digital platforms (example Enablon, etc).
- Be a key contributor in enabling the implementation of new digital platforms across the Coca-Cola system.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in building and deploying BI/Analytics solution.
- Expert Level skills in SQL.
- Expert Level Skills in Power BI.
- Working knowledge or experience in one, or more, Big Data Technologies such as (Azure SQL DW, BigQuery, Cloudera, CosmosDB, etc). Strong preference for Azure experience.
- Strong exposure to other Microsoft Low/No-Code tools such as Power Automate, Power Apps, and Dataverse.
- Handling and utilizing various file types (.csv, JSON, XML, Parquet, Delta Lake).
- Proven experience in delivering Master Data Management, Data Governance.
- Data analytics, big data driven trend analysis, insights development.
- Working experience with relational databases, information, and insights.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skills to translate complex data to simple reports and insights.
- Ability to define problems and translate findings into a business message.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Data Science, or related field.
What We Can Do for You:
- Global Network: Expand your global network by developing, learning, and growing with our top talent and connections around the world.
- Agile Work Environment: We embrace agile, with leadership that believes in removing barriers, so you are empowered to innovate and discover new solutions to complex problems.
- Commitment to Diversity: We are paving the way to create change in the industry and our leadership is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.