Do you have a passion for talent and strategy? How about deriving workforce insights that leads to pivotal business decisions?
Digital Transformation (DT) is Lockheed Martin’s path to the future with its interconnected environment where data becomes information and information drives decisions that build value across the entire lifecycle. This includes how we support our workforce, as well. To help us along this journey Space is in need of a data analyst to solve complex talent problems and to help craft talent decisions and strategic objectives. This opportunity can be summarized in this way:
- Transform foundational reporting and analytics with a focus on how consumers will use the data to inform decisions
- Conduct insightful analysis aligned to business needs
- Bring insights from data analysis that leads to impactful talent decisions
This role falls within the Workforce Intelligence & Transformation (WIT) organization that leads strategic workforce planning, talent analytics, STEM programs and digital workforce transformation activities.
You will perform various types of analytics, visualize data to illustrate key findings, and develop presentations to inform leadership of human capital trends, insights and implications. You will support solutions that integrate people issues with business strategy by collecting and analyzing talent data and drawing conclusions from the data.
But it won’t be easy! Here are key challenges you’ll likely face:
- There are multiple systems to pull and report on data
- Understanding what information will provide the most value to our consumers and delivering it in a way that drives consistent use
- We're a lean organization with growing demand for more support in talent analytics
- Linking data/metrics to financial value and business impact
Additional activities and projects include:
- You will act as a data coach, working to improve the data literacy of employees who receive the information our team produces
- You will help transform our data from metrics into compelling stories for a variety of audiences
- Taking action to improve performance of our current analytics solutions
- Responsible for documentation to ensure that solutions are discoverable, understandable, and trusted
- Support enterprise HR initiatives focused on aligning HR data with our LM enterprise data strategy
- Experience collecting, compiling, analyzing, visualizing, synthesizing, and telling a story through quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to translate research findings into easy-to-understand, actionable recommendations and strategies
- Experience in Tableau (e.g.: developing dashboards with multiple data sources, and calculated fields)
- Proven project management experience - aligning projects with business goals, constructing work plans, achieving milestones, and communicating the results across a stakeholder audience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills - (e.g.: confident, clear, and concise)
- Demonstrated experience providing accurate data and calculations, with unfailing attention to detail
- Experience translating requirements/requests from a functional, non-technical client into logical, database-specific requirements
- Focused attention to process improvement and efficiency
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to work across organizations, geographies, levels, and cultural sensitivities
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- R, SQL, Python, or other programming experience
- Webi experience is highly desired as well as any of the following tools: AWS, MS Access, SQL, BI, Collibra, Slack
- PeopleSoft, BrassRing, or other HR Management System experience
- Data mining, integration and analytics
- Experience working with / across multiple data sources and systems of record to provide data solutions to business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers to implement solutions
- Proven critical thinking skills to strategically translate solutions into actionable plans
- Ability to work either independently or in a team environment, depending on the task
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $93,100 - $155,100 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.