We are looking for a data analyst to support reporting for the diverse marketing efforts at The Athletic. You will oversee many of the data systems that feed into performance marketing and own reporting downstream metrics like (CAC, ROI, etc) for that team. You will work closely with data engineering, analytic operations, and other analysts to implement data tracking for our campaigns across digital, TV, and traditional ad space. You will be a key player in creating our data culture and help us accelerate the growth of our business.
- Build-out and maintain marketing dashboards that will provide clarity to KPIs, performance drivers, and competitive trends.
- Own/manage data model and data pipeline that enables attribution tracking, metadata, taggings parsing, for performance marketing.
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team to build growth forecasts and budget plans.
- Work closely with directors of marketing teams, advise on optimization strategies, accurately size opportunities, and seek improved methods for assessing the value of marketing innovations.
- 1-2yr years of experience in data analytics for a subscription-based or highly operational business.
- At least 6 month of those years in SEM, Display, Paid Social and Analytics, or working as analyst in marketing agency.
- Proficiency in SQL and knowledgeable on standard marketing analysis
- Familiarity with APIs, data ingestion / aggregation tools.
- Highly analytical mindset, can clearly articulate ideas, frame problems and offer solutions.
- Great communication and collaboration skills, both at the executive level and with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of the subscription revenue model in the digital media space.
The annual base salary range for this role is $96,000.00 - $150,000.00 USD. The total compensation offered for this position may vary based on factors such as education, experience, skills, and location. It may also include non-cash rewards and benefits. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The Athletic offers unique perks and benefits to all full-time employees based on their country of residence. Our comprehensive US benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive, employer-contributed medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance plans.
- Savings accounts for medical, wellness, and childcare expenses.
- 401k retirement savings plan and employer match.
- Paid time off including paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days of accrued paid time off, and up to 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave.
For international candidates: Our global benefits packages offer similar benefits and perks, competitive to the local market.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Click here to review our Applicant Privacy Notice, which describes how and when The Athletic Media Company collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.