Groundbreaker. Game changer. Pioneer.
TRC has long set the bar for clients who require more than just engineering, combining science with the latest technology to devise innovative solutions that stand the test of time. From pipelines to power plants, roadways to reservoirs, schoolyards to security solutions, clients look to TRC for breakthrough thinking backed by the innovative follow-through of an industry leader.
TRC's professionals work with a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients and the communities they serve. We deliver breakthrough solutions that address local needs -- so our clients can better succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
This position primarily reports out of San Ramon, California.
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Data analyst to join our team in the San Ramon office. This position will support the data analysis and reporting for multi-projects, with high visibility and business impact. Our Business/Data Analyst team are responsible for research, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. These resources may also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has strong analytical skills and the capacity to handle multiple projects.
- Demonstrate adaptability by being capable of performing a wide variety of tasks and being able to change focus quickly as demands and priorities change in an ever-changing environment.
- Possess excellent analytical problem-solving skills to solve both simple and complex problems.
- Communicate and influence effectively using excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts of various levels.
- Reliably take personal responsibility and hold others accountable for performing quality work in a timely manner.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a diverse team environment.
- Collect, analyze, and present data to all levels of leadership.
- Provide reporting metrics to show how the overall program and various functional areas are performing.
- Verify corrective actions are implemented and validate effectiveness to prevent recurrence of inefficient procedures.
- Generate summary reports and operating experience communications of cause evaluations.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on systemic issues to various stakeholders.
- Work to create partnerships, promoting teamwork within and across groups.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Power BI.
- Strong data analytical skills and desire to work with data.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with data cleaning, explanatory data analysis and data sets.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify discrepancies and implement solutions.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a focus on quality.
- Collection of skills across Data Visualization (Power BI).
- Database experience (Access, SQL, etc.)
- Adept at utilizing Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Power Point). Advanced Excel proficiency required.
- Experience in utility or in other regulated industry (Preferred).
- Experience creating client-ready reports, charts and data analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to think creatively to develop performance metrics, solve problems and manage ambiguity.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.