WaitWhat is seeking a Data Analyst (digital media) to work collaboratively across the organization towards building a more data-informed culture.
Data is a developing channel at WaitWhat. You’ll have the opportunity to make your mark — working collaboratively across the organization with executive leadership, marketing, product, content, technology and design to build and deliver intelligence that fuels our growth.
You’ll aggregate and analyze content data from a growing number of sources, and distill complex analyses into clear, actionable solutions for teams throughout the company.
This role will work alongside the Head of Audience Development & Growth as a key member of the team. We’ll work creatively & collaboratively together. We all bring ideas to the table and we build on them to bring them to life.
We want to deepen your skills and stretch your talents in new ways; give you ownership and responsibility for projects; inspire and delight your ability to impact the world through the media we create; and welcome you into a very special humble, high-collaborative startup environment.
The areas where you’ll leave your mark:
- Aggregate and analyze data from various sources for all of WaitWhat’s media properties to assess the effectiveness of existing marketing, advertising and communications programs. Channels include (but are not limited to) podcasting, web, email, social media, video and subscription apps.
- Prepare and present data in a way that is visual, uncomplicated and accessible to everyone to understand.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to identify and develop solutions for the tracking of KPIs across departments.
- Create and evaluate methods for gathering data, including surveys, interviews, questionnaires and opinion polls.
- Be a key stakeholder in the scoping & implementation of new MarTech systems.
- You’ve got 3-5 years of experience in a data analytics role at a digital media company.
- You understand how content behaves all across the digital landscape. In particular, podcasting, web, subscriptions, video and apps.
- You have an insatiable curiosity about how and why things work and why sometimes they don’t.
- You are an impeccable executor with a knack for getting things done on schedule, but always with excellence because you sweat the details.
- You have the mind and the ambition to meet high-reaching growth goals for our media properties, both in their first format and their extensions.
This is a full-time position in NYC / remote. The salary range for this role is $100k - $150k. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. Candidates with expectations outside of this range or experience outside of the requirements listed are still encouraged to apply as there may be other positions that could be a fit.
We offer a benefits package that’s generous and competitive with larger companies. Benefits include 3 weeks of company holiday (2 weeks in summer + one week between Christmas and New Years), 5 personal days, healthcare (PPO, vision and dental), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and 401 (k). We’re an anti-racist organization, committed to equity and diversity of all kinds — on our team, among our investors, and as represented in our media properties. Most importantly, we only hire extremely kind people.