Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Palo Alto, CA
- Maintain subject matter expertise on cybersecurity policies and laws supporting relevant HP internal teams managing device, solutions and operations Cybersecurity
- Monitoring and interpretation of cybersecurity laws, standards & certifications including
- SEC cybersecurity requirements
- EU Cybersecurity regulations
- Product (IOT) security expectations
- China CSL
- Support HP Government Affairs and Public Policy team with company advocacy positions on HP Cybersecurity topics
- Internal cybersecurity policy definitions & exceptions legal advisory
- Vendor and customer agreement templates and negotiation support
- Overall advice on cybersecurity risk framing (including board, auditor and external reporting)
- Oversee claims and risk positioning in security brand messaging
- Provide incident and breach response support, leading any required cybersecurity notifications
- Collaborate with privacy counsel and team on intersections between security and privacy controls
Education and Experience Required
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred.
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 6-10 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Advanced level of experience in legal aspects of Cybersecurity acquired through being a leading resource in-house or in similar industry or law firm environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced breadth and depth of practical and academic knowledge for Cybersecurity legal issues
- Awareness of the international legal environment for Cybersecurity
- Advanced skills and experience in negotiating or advising on complex or high value/risk matters
- Proactive and effective communicator of valuable information to clients and colleagues.
- English language skills to business standard strongly preferred.
HP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
Per the California and Washington statute, the estimated range of compensation for this job in that location, at the time of this posting, is USD $156,000 – $226,000 Annual. This position may be eligible for incentive pay, for openings where this is applicable.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are reinventing the standard for diversity, equity, and inclusion — in how we operate as a company and impact society. Diversity is embedded in all we do, and every HP employee at every level plays a part. By valuing differences — whether race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, ability, military status, religion, generation, sexual orientation, or views — we engage top industry talent to drive our company’s long-term success.
To learn more about our commitment to a group of diverse thinkers visit our website.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!