Cyber Security Analyst III
Strong Engineering principles isn’t where security stops- Phreesia is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst III to join our growing Security Engineering team!
As the world of operations and software development is changing rapidly, we prioritize adjusting our team to these changes. As a Senior Analyst on the team, you will promptly respond to alerts and incidents across a multitude of applications to ensure our security across the cloud, data center and IT side of things. You will rely on your leadership-oriented attitude to act as a subject matter expert and go-to technical resource across our team of analysts.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide contextual expertise on how our systems are designed to work and behavior outside the norm to support to the broader engineering team by monitoring and responding to escalations
- Collaborate with developers and architects to dive in to the details of what and how things are built in code/app design to completely understand behavior, then use this knowledge to help create rules for tooling (WAFs, AV, patching Tooling, Custom in-house built solutions, container runtime scanning, IDS amongst others). Tools: Signal Sciences, CrowdStrike, Custom Tooling, Alert Logic, SumoLogic or others
- Solve logging platform related problems with your deep understanding of logging complexes, logging infrastructure and security events and familiarity with SIEMs (SumoLogic)
- Tune our toolsets for effective analysis in an “as code” manner via tools like terraform
- Assume the Incident Command role and technical Subject Matter Expert role during event response for Engineering events
- Join a rotation as a first responder on the Engineering team for on-call pager monitoring with support among the team to respond
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience
- Strong analytics skills with a “define the problem” mindset that seeks deep understanding over quick fixes
- Query expertise in SumoLogic or similar SIEM platforms like Splunk, Elastic, Graylog and experience in cloud computing required
- Strong organization to document processes and procedures like postmortems and rule creating reasoning as well as a strong understanding of old and new development patterns like Release cycles, CI/CD, Code check-in and review
- Familiarity with conceptualizing and thinking about threat assessments and threat modeling both in the release cycle and containerized environments; background in container environments is a huge plus
- Code/Scripting experience in a general-purpose language, preferably Python or Powershell
Base pay for US is $98K - $130K USD, depending on qualifications. In addition, Phreesia also offers equity as part an attractive & comprehensive Total Rewards Package.
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re looking for smart and passionate people to help drive our mission of creating a better, more engaging healthcare experience. We’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in an ever-evolving landscape by transforming the way healthcare is delivered. Our SaaS platform digitizes appointment check-in and offers tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing, and enhance clinical care.
Phreesia cares about our employees by providing a diverse and dynamic work environment. We’re a five-time winner of Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award and we’ve been recognized on the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index. We are dedicated to continuously improving our employee experience by launching new programs and initiatives. If you thrive in a culture of recognition, value inclusivity, professional development, and growth opportunities, Phreesia could be a great fit!
Top-rated Employee Benefits:
- 100% Remote work + home office expense reimbursements
- Competitive compensation + equity grants for all employees
- Flexible PTO + 8 company holidays
- Monthly reimbursement for cell phone + internet + wellness
- 100% Paid 12-week parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Variety of insurance coverage for people (and pets!)
- Continuing education and professional certification reimbursement
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.