Customer Technical Support Senior Manager
The Critical Incident Manager (CIM) manages the successful handling and resolution of incidents/issues impacting the customers IT environment. The CIM is responsible for the reporting, managing, and resolution of critical IT incidents as the lead for Service Restoration Teams (SRT). The CIM maintains situational awareness of the IT environment through customer provided monitoring tools, IT Service Management tools, interaction with IT engineers, enterprise management operations center personnel and, change and release teams. The CIM will work closely with designated government customer representatives which ensures a consistent approach and efficient resolution of incidents or issues.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coordinate operational activities with the on-duty EOC staff to include: critical incident management, incident management, enterprise monitoring, security alert monitoring, server builds, and other maintenance activities
- Stand up critical incident bridges when needed, make sure required technical resources respond to incidents and attend the critical incident calls, and communicate incident status to stakeholders
- Ensure critical incident SLA’s with respect to escalation and resolution are met.
- Identify areas to streamline or improve critical incident handling with respect to escalation and communication
- Communicating operational state of the enterprise systems between various teams within TSA, and external stakeholders to include the customer
- Hand off operational status between shifts to incoming CIMs to include: critical incidents, open bridges for incidents, maintenance windows, monitoring anomalies, or any other open problems
- Monitor multiple systems and applications using monitoring tools to insure availability of systems and applications in the TSA IT environment
- Develop, edit, and distribute daily, weekly, and as required reports to customer
- Lead daily standup meeting with customer providing required information on incidents, change requests, projects, and activities of outside organizations
- Coordinate and communicate with government designated personnel on request
- Coordinate and communicate the status of ongoing incidents, change requests, and anything else impacting the customer’s IT infrastructure
- Support all knowledge management activities for incident management which are critical to determining accurately recording incident actions and determining the root cause of an incident
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain an entry on duty security clearance
- 3 years’ experience in incident management, ITSM/ITOM tools,
- Understanding of networking, cloud, security, IT hardware, etc., in an IT infrastructure environment
- Strong incident management capability with the ability to focus on issue at hand
- Knowledge of ITIL as applied to incident management
- Knowledge of change management
- In depth knowledge of incident management processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and use of judgment
- Ability to work effectively in a chaotic and stressful work environment/self-starter
- BS 12-15, MS 10-13. Phd 10+ or equivalent experience
- Ability to obtain DHS EOD
- Possess an ITIL Foundations 4 certification or the ability to obtain within one month
- BMC Remedy expertise in incident ticketing and recording
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus
Shift/Hours: Multiple Shifts, 6am-6pm day and 6pm-6am night. First and second shifts work week starting Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, alternate week ending on Wednesday. Third and four shifts work week starting Thursday with alternate week starting on Wednesday, then Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
- Salary Minimum: $77,500
- Salary Mid: $155,000
- Salary Maximum: $193,800
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.