At Uber, we believe that providing the highest quality support is a core feature of our product experience. Customer Support Representatives for Eater Support resolve issues and answer questions for users of the Uber Eats platform. They are always looking for unique and exciting ways to help others, solve problems, and improve future experiences. Eater Support Specialists make magic, turning unhappy users into our most passionate evangelists.
What You'll Do
- Resolve customer contacts through various support modalities including inbound and outbound calls, email, chat, and tickets
- Investigate case details to resolve root cause of issues
- Learn and master multiple applications and resources including contact management systems and knowledge bases
- Communicate quickly and effectively to internal and external partners
- Triage and escalate urgent issues in order to drive them to resolution
- Complete thorough documentation and notation on customer contacts
- Provide feedback to leadership and program teams regarding processes and trends
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and outside a standard 8 to 5 shift
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, English, or Journalism
- Support experience in a high-volume environment, such as service industries, retail, or hospitality
- Crisis counseling experience
- Customer emotional intelligence - You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in thoughtful and creative ways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You are an effective communicator and listener, and you adapt easily to multifaceted communication methods
- Collaboration - You value teamwork and contribute to a harmonious work environment where people learn from one another
- Strategic problem solving - You can demonstrate multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions
- Excellent organization - You effectively prioritize work to target the highest-impact issues first
- Optimism - You are motivated by a challenge, and you approach problems with a positive attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure -- You troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback
- High flexibility - When the only constant is change, you're ready to roll with the punches
About the Team
Eater Support Specialists sit within Uber's Center of Excellence (COE) in Chicago, IL. COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing extraordinary customer support to Uber customers (riders, drivers, couriers, eaters, restaurants, etc.). Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, as well as to incubate support modalities and processes for new products and services. COEs pioneer how Uber handles support for customers around the globe.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.