Customer Support Specialist
C360 Customer Support Representatives handle escalated customer support issues that fall outside of the standard knowledge base (KB). They are thorough and creative problem-solvers, regularly seeking out hard-to-find answers and proposing network-wide solutions to undocumented issue types. C360 Customer Support Representatives are confident and tactful communicators, as they interact with both Uber customers and internal stakeholders daily.
Please note that this position is an hourly role with a set wage. Uber does not provide visa sponsorship and/or relocation support for this role.
What You'll Do
- Case manage and resolve complex customer support issues that have been escalated by other customer support specialists within the network
- Provide thorough, detailed customer support using various support platforms including email, chat, and phone
- Track escalated issue trends, identify root causes, report on insights, and propose process improvements to remove roadblocks and make Uber's community support more effective and efficient
- Build strong relationships and work in partnership with internal stakeholders including program, content, and technology teams
- Make recommendations for new or improved content, both customer-facing (e.g., saved replies) and internal support facing (e.g., the KB)
- File bug reports for issues that need engineering fixes
- Save at-risk customer relationships by providing the highest level of customer service
- Reroute inappropriately escalated customer support issues to appropriate teams and provide feedback on how the issue should have been resolved at first touch
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You are an effective communicator and listener, and you're comfortable expressing ideas and opinions to varied audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You establish trust and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic problem-solving skills - You can leverage multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback
- Collaboration - You value the importance of teamwork and foster collaboration
- Customer empathy - You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in thoughtful and creative ways
- Optimism - You are motivated by a challenge, and you approach problems with a positive attitude
- Excellent organization - You effectively prioritize work to target the highest-impact issues first
- High flexibility - When the only constant is change, you're ready to roll with the punches
- You have experience working with complex data sets
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented Covid-19 safety protocols which meet or exceed local public health guidance. Worker safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber mandates COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based employees who need or want to access any of our US facilities.
Accommodations may be available based on medical conditions or as required by applicable law.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.