Customer Support Engineer
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds can belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse, unique perspectives and the best global talent. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in Canada.
What You'll Do
We are looking to add a Customer Support Engineer to our team! You'll work with clients to identify and resolve deeper, React-based front-end issues they're experiencing with their builds. You'll also be testing, documenting, and reporting found bugs to our Engineering team. This role is ideal for a front-end web developer with an eye for troubleshooting and providing solutions.
We are looking for team members who are flexible to working nights/weekends as needed.
- Help with User Interaction: Communicate with users to understand the issues they're experiencing, and provide updates in a friendly & timely manner.
- Troubleshoot: Diagnose users' front-end technical issues. Identify potential conflicts from themes or other apps and provide fixes to resolve them when possible. Escalate potential bugs and back-end issues for our Engineering team to resolve.
- Maintain Coverage: Help our support team and users by covering certain “time blocks” during which you will be monitoring inbound channels for when our users write in to report technical issues.
- Collaborate: Work with the Support team to communicate known bugs, brainstorm difficult issues, and handle technical issues escalated by our general support specialists. Work with the Engineering team to report found bugs.
What You'll Bring
Need to have
- Strong working knowledge of React and JSX
- Ability to use DevTools for debugging live pages
- General understanding of full-stack development and APIs
- Enjoys the challenge and detective work behind technical troubleshooting
- Comfortable interacting with clients
Nice to have
- A great attitude and desire to help people & solve problems
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.