Customer Support Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT
Palo Alto, CA
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
The Workday Adaptive Planning Customer Support team is driven by our excitement in providing customers an extraordinary support experience! Our team is comprised of technical and functional specialists and engineers with a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences working towards the goal of helping our customers succeed. We have teams based out of California, Texas, and Georgia in the US, the UK and Ireland in the EMEA region, and Australia and New Zealand in the APAC region. We promote Workday’s core values with a strong commitment to our employees.
We engage with customers and partners of all sizes and industries to provide technical support for usage of the Workday Adaptive Planning Product Suite. The suite includes financial, sales, and workforce planning capabilities, dashboarding, data integrations (ETL tools and APIs), reporting, machine learning, and consolidation.
About the Role
- Working with the Associate Manager, Customer Support, your key duties will include 1st line support primarily by telephone and email for our existing customer base to deliver resolutions to product support issues and questions. This role will require occasional holiday shift coverage and after hours/weekend shifts. Candidates should be local to the Austin, TX area or be able to self-relocate.
- Answering emails and coordinating outbound calls with a solid focus on timely resolution of customer requests.
- Drive resolution of issues within the support team and the product development team within service level targets.
- Documenting and characterizing customer reported software issues, and determining resolution and/or workarounds or if another team needs to be engaged.
- Working with various functional teams to reach problem resolution and track product issues.
- Raise product bugs to Support Engineers, drive resolutions, and communicate corrections and workarounds to customers.
- Talking customers through standard fixes and resolutions.
- Development of technical ability through knowledge reuse.
- Pro-active monitoring of email phone support requests.
- Development of internal documentation, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS, CIS or a Business degree OR equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years customer support experience in a call center or help desk.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel OR other financial/accounting software.
- Focus on customer satisfaction.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-starter, working autonomously to find workarounds and solutions, but knows when to ask for help when blocked.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, combined with the ability to engage with users at all levels and varying technical ability.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Networking certification and/or network troubleshooting experience is strongly desired.
- Experience supporting SaaS software is helpful.
- Programming, scripting, data integration is a plus.
** Workday Offices will reopen early 2022. We are currently only hiring candidates that will be able to work out of the Pleasanton, Salt Lake City, Austin or Atlanta office at that time **
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!