Customer Service Team Lead
Swimply’s Customer Support Team Lead will be responsible for hiring a seasonal team of in-house agents, directing and overseeing the customer support team, act as an escalation point to resolve host and guest questions or complaints, and think like an owner to make Swimply 1% better every day.
You will also serve as a liaison between the company and its hosts and guests. You will work with Swimply engineering to discuss host and guest issues, and identify solutions to drive customer loyalty and achieve business goals.
You will help create a world-class culture and shift mindset from handling tickets to delighting our hosts and guests. We aim to build a world-class community care and host success organization whose goals are to make our hosts and guests happy and engender loyalty.
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations. While the Director of Operations will drive customer experience strategy, program design, and CS and Trust & Safety policies, you will serve as an Operations owner and thought partner.
Manage Customer Service team
- You will manage a team of in-house customer service reps. You will also set team member schedules and ensure that the department is adequately staffed during service times.
- You will answer team member questions and provide advice. You will also ensure that the customer service team adheres to our service level agreements (SLAs) around host and guest response & resolution times.
Review and Resolve Escalations
- You will understand how Swimply’s product works as well as anyone at the company. You will serve as an escalation point for unresolved guest or host questions or complaints.
- During Swimply’s seasonal surge or peak hours, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and handle customer service issues including responding to tickets, interacting with guests and hosts via chat, and answering phone calls.
Hire, Train and Evaluate Team Members
- You will hire and train new customer service reps. You will work closely with new team members to share company policies and best practices for resolving host and guest issues or complaints.
- You will provide continued coaching and feedback for customer service reps. You will coach the team to be professional, knowledgeable and courteous at all times. You will conduct periodic reviews and evaluations of team members. You will monitor employee performance and note areas for improvement, or make recommendations to part ways with underperforming team members.
- You will coach, motivate, and inspire the customer service team as you know that happy team members will lead to happy hosts and guests.
Implement Customer Support best practices and new capabilities
- You will implement customer service best practices. You will put in place new capabilities to help resolve host and guest issues including chat and host hotline/phone support.
- You will also report on customer service metrics and share insights and recommendations based on the data.
- Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.
- Proven professional experience as a people manager
- Experience in a start-up environment or at a tech platform strongly preferred
- Ability to travel to LA a few times every year
- Established track record of defining and driving cross-organization process improvements
- Ability to influence across levels and organizational boundaries
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Keen attention to detail and a relentless focus on execution
Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.
It's an excellent time to join because:
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our company culture, core values, and who we end up hiring
- You’ll significantly influence the business and product roadmap as we scale
- You’ll experience massive growth opportunities as the company grows and matures
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools 😎), and is in service to our community of hosts and guests
- You’ll be working directly with the founders and an executive team that has startup experience and scaled billion dollar companies