Customer Service Specialist
Where you’ll work: This is a hybrid position that requires spending time working from home and in the office. After training, associates will work approximately 2 days out of the month in office.
Compensation: Starting pay is $19.75/hr
You are also eligible for:
- 10% shift differential available for specific hours and weekends
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increase
Total Rewards Benefits:
We like to reward our employees for their hard work and commitment. That is why we offer benefits you might not find other places:
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what’s important to you
- Parental leave for mothers and fathers
- Wellness and mental health programs
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Medical, dental and vision
- Health Reimbursement Account, Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
- Development and Mentor programs designed to help our employees grow and achieve their specific career goals
- Employee Resource Groups - State Farm’s Good Neighbor Culture celebrates diversity and promotes an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected. The State Farm Employee Resource Group (ERG) program is a key element in our Enterprise D&I Structure and Strategy.
The Enterprise Care Center (ECC) is committed to solving our customers’ needs on first contact through simple, high-quality, and personalized experiences. We currently have the following types of shifts and openings:
- Shifts are morning/afternoon/evening and weekends
- Schedules require availability on the weekends
- Start Date: Monday November 28, 2022
- Mandatory Training is 12 weeks duration.
- After training, associates will work approximately 2 days out of the month in office.
Training: Selected candidates will participate in 12 weeks of mandatory training that is paid at the same hourly rate as after training! The training continues beyond day one as well.
Training hours will be:
10:30 am – 7:00 pm CST
- Onboarding: 11/28 – 11/30
- Core Training: 12/1 – 1/27
- On the job training Week 1: 1/30 – 2/3 (Monday - Friday)
- On the job training Week 2 and 3: 2/4 and 2/7 – 2/10; 2/11 and 2/14 – 2/17 (Saturday, Tuesday - Friday)
New team members are eligible for promotional opportunities within the Enterprise Care Center department after 6 months of service and 12 months for other opportunities at State Farm.
Customer Service Specialists include both licensed and unlicensed responsibilities. If selected for a role that requires licensing, you must obtain and maintain state licensing which include successfully completing all applicable licensing exam(s) and background checks required of various state(s), and obtain continuing education requirements. Competitive candidates must:
- Communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
- Be resourceful – know where to find answers
- Be able to successfully multi-task
- Thrive on working in a team environment; and be accountable for your work and your schedule!