Great things on the Horizon! New Hire Bonus at 3 months – Milestone Bonus at 9 months – Join the Glens Falls Travelers Team as a Customer Service Representative today!
This entry level position embodies Travelers’ mission to help provide peace of mind for our customers. Our Customer Service Representative is the first to give customers the assurance they need for life’s unpredictable moments.
By handling inbound calls from our existing customers, our Customer Service Representative can build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and provide support to those who need it most. This role may assist customers and agents with quotes, policy inquires and changes, address insurance billing questions or handle inquiries on technical support. This rewarding opportunity is not the only perk: access to great benefits, collaborative work environments, plus job growth and development all contribute to a fulfilling career with Travelers.
By joining the Travelers team as a Customer Service Representative, you can look forward to a New Hire bonus of $1,000 after 3 months in your position. Additionally, to recognize your training and growth in the role, you will be awarded a milestone bonus of $1,500 after 9 months in your position. That’s an additional $2,500!
- During the first 12 weeks of training, your schedule will generally be 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday.
- Following training, the schedule will remain 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. EST. In this role, you will support rotating weekends which is Saturdays (1 every 5/6 weeks) AND currently our full-time remote employees also support Sundays (1 every 8 weeks).
- This position is based in our Glens Falls, NY office. We are currently working remote due to COVID protocol. Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, this position will return to the office.
- This position offers a starting base salary of $41,000.
- Eligible for Full Benefits on Day One of employment.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Employees who are part of a training or development program may require up to a six-month waiting period before they are eligible for the hybrid model. During the initial six-month training program, employees may be required to work up to five days in the office.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts.
- Responds to customers/agents requests for quotes or changes to existing policies.
- Reviews cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Resolves service-related complaints and complex calls with guidance from others on more complex calls.
- Assist customers with simple intent calls.
- Acts as online billing systems and agency portal website expert to provide proactive agency and customer support.
- Identifies new business opportunities driven by customer/agent request where appropriate, which includes both coverage and product. New business requests will be transferred as appropriate.
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account notes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Some college preferred.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience a plus.
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance License preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Ability to successfully complete training by meeting expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying content.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation experience.
- Must be able to meet quality and customer experience expectations.
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.
What’s In It For You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus 9 paid company Holidays. You also have the opportunity to purchase up to 6 additional days each year.
- Savings & Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k). You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.