Customer Service Operations Manager
Chewy is continuing to build a world-class team that strives to be the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents (and partners) everywhere! We are looking for leaders to join our Customer Service Operations Team who are passionate not only about our customers, but about our people.
We are looking for a Team Manager, to provide proactive leadership and development to a team of 10-25 hourly team members who support multiple channels within the business. The ideal candidate will challenge, coach, and mentor their team to go above and beyond to create unique and impactful moments for our customers while also resolving their issues. This leader will be accountable for their team achieving set service and quality expectations, while developing team members that are having difficulty meeting Chewy standards.
The Team Manager should have exceptional communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as comprehensive knowledge of company policies and offerings.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of 10-25 direct reports
- Create and drive talent management strategies that include but are not limited to succession planning, talent reviews, recommendations of promotional opportunities for top performers, and development of all team
- Leverage multiple data points, trending information, and behavioral patterns to establish and execute coaching
- Manage the corrective action process up and through termination for conduct or performance related
- Partner with recruiting to conduct interviews, assist in defining hiring profiles, and provide feedback on candidate quality to drive continuous improvement and candidate selection.
- Improve production levels of phone, email, chat and social media teams through reoccurring meetings and huddles to communicate critical business updates and drive team member productivity.
- Deliver individualized feedback on performance and behavior to all team members to identify areas of opportunity and develop action plans to improve metrics, closing performance gaps.
- Review and score customer calls using quality control guidelines to ensure agents are meeting established criteria; calibrate with other team members to ensure consistency in grading using speech to text analytical tools and evaluation of issue resolution, customer empathy and sentiment, and adherence to Chewy training and product specific
- Monitor and control team members' productivity and workload of multi-channel
- Partner with the Operations Manager to create and execute team member engagement plans
- Support and handle customer and systems escalations as needed
- Assist and support learning and development needs for team members to successfully complete their metric expectations and to stay current on new product training
- Handle employee concerns and escalations to HR
- Participate and provide feedback on business initiatives that directly impact the Customer Service team
- Operate with understanding, active listening, patience, empathy, and kindness to customers and fellow team members
- Conduct retention checks with Agents to check knowledge
- Identify operational deficiencies and suggest plans for improvement
- Prepare reporting by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends to improve processes, ensuring resources are properly allocated to maximize efficiency
What You’ll Need:
- 2-5 years’ working experience in a customer service or call center
- Management experience with 5 or more direct reports
- Ability to manage a high volume of information/data.
- A sense of urgency with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to quickly changing priorities in a fast- paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Position may require some travel (<25%).
Why Chewy Customer Service?
It's not just about us. It is also about what you get. That's why in Chewy Customer Service, you are empowered to become your best.
- YOU BELONG: Chewy is a place where you can be your authentic self. Our pet parents and partners are from everywhere--different places and different walks of life. It is what makes them unique. Likewise, Chewtopians are empowered to bring their perspectives to deliver on our mission!
- YOU CAN GROW: Our culture is for those who thrive on delivering results and becoming your best – no matter your role or location.
- YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE: You are encouraged to be curious, ask questions, bring ideas forward, and act like an owner in everything that you do.
- YOU WILL GET SUPPORT: When you join Chewy Customer Service, you will have ongoing training and development, resources, and opportunities to become your best.
- YOU WILL GET REWARDED: Chewy has you covered when it comes to competitive wages, medical & dental insurance, 401k, and happy hour. Of course, the biggest perk is the ability to work together with other smart, driven, and passionate Chewtopians who are making an impact each day.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com.