Customer Quality Engineer
As a Customer Quality Engineer for O-I you will investigate quality related issues with the customer, sales, and manufacturing plant to resolve problems in the most efficient manner, keeping the interest of the company and the customer in mind.
The Customer Quality Engineer will:
- Attend all quality product claims of our customers according to the established procedure.
- Provide a pro-active service in order to anticipate customer needs.
- Assist and give technical support in test runs, first runs in plants and with the customer on filling lines.
- Providing a pro-active service to link the external customer and the manufacturing plant in order to interchange experiences and share relevant information as needed.
- Detect areas of opportunity to improve the glass container functionality on the customer’s line and at the manufacturing plants as well.
- Audit inventories when necessary.
- Monitor quality held inventory.
- Monitor re-select/repack crews and oversee their work when necessary.
- Enter and maintain information up to date in SAP.
- Develop activities assigned by immediate supervisor in order to comply with the directives of the Quality Committee.
- Maintain an exceptional service level with internal and external customers.
- Provide information in coordination with the sales team to allow good communication between the customer and the other areas of the organization.
- Comply with the ISO 9001 standard.
- Observe competitors’ bottles, cartons, and palletizing for ideas to improve our packaging.
- Requires significant travel.
- Requires overnight travel to customer sites, plants around the USA, Canada and Mexico and/or outside offices.
- Weekend and/or evening work may be required.
What we offer at O-I:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more…
The Customer Quality Engineer Should Have:
- At least three years experience in glass manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge in quality specifications for glass containers, sampling methods, and filling process.
- Skills with laboratory instruments used for physical tests of glass containers.
- Good public relations skills.
- Diagnostic skills in field performance problems.
- Good and positive attitude with a customer service mentality, while defending the company’s best interest and the customer’s legitimate requirements.
- If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
- O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.