Customer Contracts Manager
Seagate’s Customer Contracts Team is recruiting a Customer Contracts Manager to expand support for our Lyve Cloud storage-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for enterprise customers. You will be part of a tight-knit team managing customer contracts and other legal agreements, existing within the worldwide Legal organization. We are dedicated experts who enjoy what we do and are proud of the contributions we make to enable Seagate to be a success in the marketplace. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to develop your creative and analytical skillsets, gain new experiences, and build or further your career at Seagate. This team delivers comprehensive, customer-centric support to several key organizations within Seagate/Lyve, enabling them to pursue new business opportunities and to support or increase market share while resolving critical gating items to those goals. By collaborating with multiple subject matter experts ranging from Sales, Finance, Quality, Operations, and other support organizations, we facilitate customer requirement resolutions, contract solutions, and legal positioning, all while minimizing risk to Seagate.
About the role - you will:
Have a fantastic opportunity to build a sustainable career within the larger legal organization while interfacing with several business units supporting Seagate’s worldwide customer base, including our devices, systems, and Lyve organizations. In this role, you will administrate legal documents that cultivate and sustain positive relationships with customers, as well as assist in the analysis and coordination of technical customer claim engagements. Additionally, you will manage strategic program initiatives and process improvement projects that will position the team to help make Seagate/Lyve a success in the marketplace.
- Manage the lifecycle of Seagate/Lyve customer contract documents and coordinating customer claim engagements.
- Review the prerequisites for agreement requests and contract database entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate the review, feedback, and approvals from the pertinent internal subject matter experts, and secure executive approvals as applicable.
- Structure the agreement draft of record and manage it throughout the process.
- Summarize, document, and communicate ongoing activity through closure to the affected subject matter experts and management chains.
- In conjunction with the customer technical engagement team, identify and develop course of action strategies for customer compensation claims.
- Advise other internal organizations of process and negotiation activities.
- Facilitate the signing process using the proper Legal protocols.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically while turning feedback and data driven facts into tangible agreement solutions.
- Takes the initiative to keep others on task.
- Creates strong, collaborative relationships in a team environment and is customer service minded.
- Confident in your ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines while making prompt and sound decisions.
- Respects the process, while seeking opportunities to learn and improve them.
Your experience includes:
- SaaS Sales, Marketing, or contract management is highly preferred
- Prior experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Office 365, emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with drafting legal documents
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $88,900.00 – $132,000.00. Actual salary range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Location: Longmont, United States
Travel: Able to travel worldwide and to work flexible hours on a limited basis, less than 10%.