Custom Controls Analyst
Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen – the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That’s where you come in.
The Custom Controls Analyst is a proactive quotations position with the objective of generating expedient project quotations based on Field Sales or customer descriptions, written electrical specifications or from schematic diagrams of industrial motor control circuits (such as full voltage or reduced voltage starter panels, multiple starter panels, soft starters)
This role reports to the Production and Engineering Manager and is located in Houston, TX
What you will do
- Develop enclosed product quotations based on Field Sales descriptions and/or written specifications as well as schematic diagrams of industrial controls including, full voltage or reduced voltage starters and multiple starter panels to provide a competitive quote.
- Price decision making, concerning project (job) quotations. OEM custom quotations must be made with the objective of maintaining maximum profitability while remaining competitive in the market place. This requires independent thinking based on experience and market conditions by territory and seeking management assistance only as required in marginal cases.
- Maintain a working relationship with Customer Service, Engineering, Field Sales, Negotiated Price Administrator, & Product Managers to facilitate a free flow of communication to maximum opportunity and productivity.
- Develop documentation and maintain a file of quotations, which are sufficient for Customer Service or Engineering personnel to enter an order and develop a final bill-of-material for construction.
- Based on the extensive knowledge of products and applications this person becomes a technical resource for Field Sales as well as distributor personnel and sometimes OEM customers.
- Maintain and report quotation activity by sales territory management.
- Responsibilities to include being a Training Instructor during distributor training seminars related to quotations and other motor control fundamental subjects.
Skills you have
- A working knowledge of industrial control products.
- Ability to identify components on electrical schematic diagrams and physical layout drawings.
- Ability to interpret general plans and specifications and apply them to a particular control panel.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use available technical data and industry standards (i.e. ULINEC) to select correct components for control panels … for example
- Sizing of fusible disconnects, circuit breakers, or MCP’s for single or multiple motor starter applications
- Sizing of control power transformers for single or multiple loads
- Knowledge of NEC section 430-53 rules for installation of several motors or loads on one branch circuit
- Ability to use and apply available dimensional information and industry standards (i.e. wire bending space requirements) to determine necessary panel space for some of the higher horsepower starters listed in the catalog, and non-catalog starters.
- Ability to communicate with customers, field sales, sales management, and the engineering department to solve issues concerning function of, or pricing for the equipment to be quoted.
- Ability to estimate assembly time requirements when projects are especially labor intensive.
- Mathematical skill to calculate cost of materials cost of labor, and profit margins.
- Desire to learn and apply knowledge of market conditions for various products in particular geographic areas in order to provide a competitive price.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude on each project, without regard for percentage statistics of quotes issued to orders received.
- Has a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Less than 10% travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
- Typically requires 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Sprecher + Schuh catalog numbers and selection of products based on description
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
“This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation”.
We offer a Flexible Work Schedule where you will work with your manager to enjoy a work schedule that can flex with your personal life.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.