The Cultivation Team is integral to ensuring a high quality product is grown and harvested. Cultivation Assistant would be involved from the very beginning of the cultivation cycle, until the very end. We are looking for dedicated, compassionate, intelligent individuals who care deeply about nurturing top tier products to be consumed by discerning customers.
This is a full time position located in San Francisco reporting to the Cultivation Manager.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role
- Maintaining a clean and organized working environment
- Routine and frequent sterilization of cultivation tools, measuring cups, floors, horticultural tables, etc.
- Maintaining garden needs on a daily, weekly, monthly, and harvest batch basis
- Maintaining a consistent harvest/production schedule for multiple cultivars in multiple flowering environs
- Cloning and propagation
- Blending soils and soilless mediums
- Brewing and maintaining compost teas as appropriate to plant cycles & plant needs;
- Nutrient Recipes, reservoir and stock tank maintenance
- Feeding plants according to schedule Defoliation and general canopy maintenance
- Transitioning from vegetative to flowering
- Monitoring EC (ppm) & pH levels in both nutrient reservoirs & planted media
- Foliar feeding and IPM sprays
- Monitoring and maintaining ideal CO2 enrichment
- Drying and Curing assistanceWaste disposal
- Tracking and tagging plants for inventory and identification purposes
Develop & Demonstrate knowledge and/or implementation of:
- Pests and pathogens identification associated with cannabis cultivation; Integrated pest management (fostering symbiotic relationships within planted environs to prevent pathogens and pests);
- Ideal climate conditions conducive for stages in cannabis cultivation;
- Cultivation analytics (ie. EC & PH readings, Volumetric Water Content of Substrate, Vapor Pressure Deficit in climate conditions).
- Best sustainable cultivation management practices;
- Basic plumbing and drainage; Basic electrical (ex: 120v vs. 208/240, etc.);
- Starting plants from seed and identifying males vs. female plants;
- The recognition of, prevention of, and response to hermaphroditic plant organs;
- Remaining in a standing position for extended periods
- Able to lift up to 25lbs regularly, 50lbs infrequently
- Ability to focus on repetitive tasks Hand and finger dexterity required for extended periods
- Consistent hand-eye coordination
- Wearing gloves and other required protective gear for extended periods when required
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays and events, when needed.
- Climate controlled nursery conditions conducive to plant life
- Strong cannabis aromas, and periodic odors from pesticide and cleaning products
- Normal hours of operation days shifts and most weekends
- Occasional loud noises from machinery
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, collaborative and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance benefits for employees and their dependents.
- Invest in yourself and your family. We offer a company 401(k) retirement plan to all employees after 6 months of continued employment and are at least 21 years of age.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Grow with Integrity
- Bring People Together
- Build with Ambition
- Believe in Cannabis for Good
We believe cannabis is a force for good, and will make positive impacts to society, the economy and the environment.
The history of cannabis and social reform go hand in hand. We honor the struggles of the past by building a better future. NorCal Cannabis recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by applicable law. We believe that in our differences, we find strength.
We are committed to equality, diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We know we will always have to work to contribute to making our world a more equitable place. We focus first on building a values driven foundation inside the physical and virtual walls of our company and make concerted efforts to engage in the local communities we operate in and the global community for which we are citizens.
NorCal Cannabis also strives to be a steward of our ecological environment, knowing that our business’s health and health of our people is dependent and integrally connected to the health of the earth's ecosystem. We do our best to tread lightly.