CSR / Social Media Coordinator
The Customer Service Representative (CSR)-Social Media Coordinator (SMC) is a salaried, hybrid role and is a part of the Merchandise Operations Team and Marketing. The CSR-SMC is responsible for providing world-class customer service to Scientific Anglers’ retailers, distributors, guides, outfitters, pro staff and sales representatives with additional responsibility for the development and implementation of our social media calendar and content across all platforms. This position serves all Scientific Anglers customers by providing product and service information, order entry/order management, resolving product and service issues along with acquiring, writing, editing, and posting social media content. The position has sales, operations and marketing responsibilities that support the short- and long-term strategic goals of the company. This is a highly visible role and is a grass-roots ambassador to the Scientific Anglers brand internally and externally.
This on-site position reports directly to the Customer Service Lead of Scientific Anglers located in Midland Michigan with dotted line reporting to the Marketing Manager. Time allocation will be approximately 66% in Customer Service and 33% in Marketing and will flex with the seasonality of the business.
This position has a key communication role within the company and interfaces daily or routinely with:
- Independent dealers, domestic & international distributors, national accounts
- Independent sales representatives
- Internal Teams: Customer Service, Sales, Order Fulfillment, Accounts Receivable, Marketing and R&D
- Guides, outfitters, and general consumers
- Information Technology
- Marketing Manager
Key Performance Metrics
- Customer service levels including but not limited to timely and accurate order fulfillment.
- Minimize downstream order process disruption by ensuring complete and accurate order entry/management.
- Sales goals for specific market segments and/or territories
- Reducing/eliminating EDI customer chargebacks
- Hit Social Media calendar delivery dates across all platforms.
- Acquire, create, and edit assets that support the social media calendar with relevant brand messaging.
- Social media interaction/effectiveness metrics.
- Work with the Customer Service Lead to achieve service goals through world-class customer service
- Learning and implementing NetSuite and IN8Sync B2B customer ordering platforms
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely order and account management.
- Product expertise to support service level and to contribute to sales goals.
- Be an ambassador of Scientific Anglers LLC, with a flexible schedule to be able to attend sales events across the country when needed.
- Some travel (less than 10%) and evening/weekend social media interaction may be required.
- Big Box/EDI Ownership including order maintenance and process flow.
- Work with Sales and Marketing team to ensure social media content reflects company initiatives.
Skill Set Expectations:
- Positive attitude and ability to function in a fast-paced, small team environment.
- Extensive background in fly-fishing and fly casting
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication (email, phone etc.) skills required.
- Fly fishing market knowledge
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience
- Active and “in touch” with current social media trends and platforms – (messaging, content and functionality)
- Be able to put the brand first and stay true to the Brand Direction while executing marketing Initiatives set forth by the Marketing Manager
- Outgoing Personality
- Being a good listener with the ability to analyze information.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office and Outlook required. Specifically, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient skills using a variety of social media platforms including but not limited to: YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Constant Contact and others as the needs of the business dictate.
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Multi-task and detail oriented, good math skills including calculation of percentages and averages
- Manual dexterity required for entry of data using computer
- Knowledge of NetSuite and In8Sync
- College degree
- Merchandising experience
- Specialty outdoor retail experience
- Previous fly-fishing industry experience
Thank you for your interest in Orvis! We’re glad you’re here. Once you find your dream job, please click “Apply Now.” This will bring you to our internal job platform, where you will be asked to create an account to apply. This information is for our internal purposes only and is not shared. We look forward to reviewing your application soon!