Critical Environment Technician
This position creates processes and performs physical inventory counts on job sites and at facilities.
- Performs physical counts of inventory on job sites and at facilities
- Ensures inventory is stored properly for inventory type (ex: sensitive electronics are temperature controlled)
- Ensures physical counts are recorded in Deployed Resources Asset Tracker (DRAT); reconciles inaccurate information
- Assists in developing shipping, receiving, and inventory procedures
- Travels to job sites to teach shipping, receiving, and inventory procedures
- Audits job sites and yards to ensure adherence to shipping, receiving, and inventory procedures
- Virtually assists job sites with updating DRAT
- Works with purchasing to consider fiscally responsible options for shipping current stock or purchasing new
- Once program is established creates routine travel schedule to assist in site inventories and additional field education of shipping, receiving, and inventory procedures
- Reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports
- Assigns assets as needed
- Manages asset reservations
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the loose item inventory module in the DRAT
- Creates reports as necessary
- Must be able to stand, walk, twist, turn, bend, climb, lift, or kneel
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds may occur
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of warehouse/inventory management principles and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Good research skills, highly organized, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- One year of similar experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is one of the world’s largest providers of facility services and solutions. A driving force for a cleaner, healthier, and more sustainable world, ABM provides essential services and forward-looking performance solutions that improve the spaces and places that matter most. From curbside to rooftop, ABM’s comprehensive services include janitorial, engineering, parking, electrical and lighting, energy and electric vehicle charging infrastructure, HVAC and mechanical, landscape and turf, and mission critical solutions. ABM serves a wide range of industries – from commercial office buildings to universities, airports, hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and distribution centers, entertainment venues and more. Founded in 1909, ABM serves over 20,000 clients, with annualized revenue approaching $8 billion and more than 100,000 team members in 350+ offices throughout the United States, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, and other international locations.
ABM does not require its team members to be vaccinated for COVID-19, but a small number of worksites may still be subject to COVID-19 vaccination requirements due to applicable law or client requirements. If a worksite has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement, the Company will make exceptions for medical reasons, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally recognized exceptions.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
ABM participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. E-Verify is an internet-based system used to electronically confirm employment eligibility.