*This position will be located at the corporate office in Memphis, TN*
BASIC PURPOSE: The Credit Analyst is responsible for evaluating and monitoring account debtor credit quality.
- Establish credit limits for each account debtor/customer relationship as well as an overall account debtor credit limit.
- Review credit limits against accounts receivable activity and payment trends and recommend appropriate changes to credit limits.
- Assist in client liquidations or problem account management.
- Review credit reports and check trade references as needed.
- Prepare concentration reports.
- Maintain broker credit database.
- Communicate with multiple departments.
- Assist the Underwriter in evaluating customer credit quality of prospective factoring clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial credit or collections position required.
- Experience in the factoring or transportation industry is preferred.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to quickly analyze limited credit information.
- Ability to prioritize in response to changing scenarios throughout the day.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly.
The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert