Credit and Collections Specialist
What You’ll Do:
The Credit and Collections Specialist will have responsibility for minimizing the B2B customer past due accounts receivable. Consistently achieve or exceed high volume customer contact goals via assigned communication channels. Collect past due amounts and coordinate payment agreements with customers. Act with a high sense of urgency and prioritize work based on the direction of the Credit and Collections Supervisor. Assignments may be in the form of overall goals/expected results, specific contact goals, or specific customer aging balance reduction priorities established by management.
- Effectively utilize and manage customer portals and other communication methods
- Work with a high sense of urgency to maintain customer touch points and past due goals within company standards.
- Interact with customers daily, from initial contact to closure, following up on commitments and maintaining a record of all contacts.
- Alert the appropriate internal stakeholders to collection escalations.
- Recommend credit holds and write-offs.
- Coordinate collection strategy and customer communication with field personnel.
- Continuously seek to improve payment processing solutions for varying customer payment types, including ACH and accompanying remittance formats and payment cards.
- Analyze and manipulate data and spreadsheets to reconcile issues and to aid in external and internal collaboration.
- Ad hoc requests
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of two years' experience, A/R credit and collection
- Possesses superior communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Exhibits goal-oriented behaviors and time management principles
- Exudes a customer-focused attitude while being firm on the collections efforts
- Applies extensive attention to detail to all tasks
- Toggles between projects and responsibilities with ease
- Works well in a team environment
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan - 401(K)
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Community Involvement Through our Rooted in Good Initiative
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Referral Payment Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Product Discounts
Curaleaf Awards and Achievements:
- 2023 Ragan’s Top Places to Work
- 2022 TIME100 Most Influential Companies
- 2020 Cannabis Doing Good’s Good Neighbor Award
- 2020 Minorities for Medical Marijuana’s Diversity & Inclusion Award
Curaleaf is an equal opportunity employer. Curaleaf recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as requires by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Individuals adversely impacted by the war on drugs are encouraged to apply.