The individual will be responsible for credit analysis and management of a portfolio of client credit relationships, predominantly in the funds industry, with a focus on asset managers, regulated and unregulated funds, mandates, and block trading activities within AMER scope. Geographic region is predominantly USA, with lesser emphasis on Canada. The candidate should have expertise in the credit analysis and supporting ratios and metrics, and regulatory matters. Product lines encompass OTC and listed derivatives, foreign exchange, repo, structured transactions, and committed lending facilities.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process credit requests in a timely manner to meet business deadlines and maintain the annual review cycle.
- Research and analyze financial data on the client to prepare high quality analysis in credit applications that address client credit risk and transaction risk.
- Conduct economic and asset management sector research covering North America to support the analysis.
- Exercise strong credit judgment skills when recommending credit facilities, taking into consideration facility size, tenor, and suitability for client.
- Use internal fund rating models to propose counterparty ratings.
- Manage key components of counterparty credit administration such as internal ratings, trading documentation (ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, FAA), and replacement risk limits. Establish credit terms for legal documents and follow up with legal department on negotiations.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of client credit quality to identify a possible deterioration of credit quality.
- Monitor exposure and manage credit limit exceptions. Adapt to ongoing accounting and regulatory changes that affect credit limits and exposure.
- Handle covenant compliance and assess that the client meets the requirement as agreed on terms and follow internal process for exceptions as needed.
- Coordinate all aspects of a credit request, liaising with FIG relationship managers, business lines, legal staff, and Risk Division.
- Ability to organize time and manage deliverables to deadlines
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little notice
- Ability to complete work with minimal or no supervision
- Possess a high degree of enthusiasm and energy to fulfill job requirements and to possibly gain exposure to other non-bank financial institution sectors.
- Ability to work in a team environment, interfacing with team members, front office bankers and salespersons, risk team, and clients.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate counterparty risk and financial condition utilizing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proficiency using Word for written analysis and Excel for spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the accounting, legal and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors.
- Ability to investigate/research/synthesize data and make appropriate conclusions as to what is causing the observed result(s)
- Ability to write concisely and in a way that conveys analysis and conclusions without minimal follow-up questions
- Develop competency with SG’s internal systems.
- Knowledge of capital markets/traded products and financing facilities.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
5+ years of credit analysis experience with focus on the funds / asset management industry
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.