Creative Social Strategist
The Marketing team at Snap articulates and brings to life who we are as a brand, why we exist, who we serve, and what value we have to offer. They are on a mission to build a best-in-class international marketing organization. With functions spanning global business and consumer marketing, consumer insights, creative, brand marketing, and marketing operations, the team creates marketing initiatives across the entire Snap Inc. ecosystem.
We’re looking for a Creative Social Strategist to join Snap’s Brand Maker Studio team! Working from Santa Monica you’ll be someone who thrives working with both local and remote teammates and is always looking for ways to inspire and enable creative ideas to come to life. In addition to being organized, analytical, strategic, and resourceful, you must possess strong judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions. High enthusiasm, creativity, and resourcefulness are crucial, as is a high level of professional integrity and confidentiality.
What you'll do:
- Partner with Brand Maker Studio to develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Partner with Brand Makers Studio and broader Snapchat team to ensure we are coordinating efforts across the organization
- Partner with Creatives to concept, explore and push social creative that drives conversation and affinity for Snapchat
- Partner with data and insights teams to inform and inspire strategies and define KPIs and measurement plans
- Measure the performance and document learnings from our social efforts
- Stay up to date with latest social media trends, best practices and technologies - and advise on when and how to break them
- Quality control and publishing duties
- Work in multidisciplinary team with copywriters and designers
- Collaborate with Social Managers, Marketers and Product team stakeholders
- Develop briefs, pitch new ideas and manage initiatives
- Provide input into creative executions to optimize performance
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A deep understanding of social culture, behaviors, communities and etiquette
- Innate understanding of and ability to spot and quickly surface creative opportunities
- Hard skills around social listening and reporting
- Knowledge of and curiosity for the sub-cultures and communities that drive conversation on the internet
- Ability to build honest, direct relationships with colleagues and outside partners
- Ability to debates constructively and ask challenging questions
- Solid initiative, attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok and other social media platforms and the paid and organic roles each can play to bring creative ideas and campaigns to life
- Outstanding multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- Experience using social listening, reporting and publishing tools
- Experience with social audience research and analysis
- Operational experience in formatting and publishing social content
- Creative agency or brand marketing experience preferred
"Default Together" Policy at Snap. At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.