Creative Director, Social
We’re looking to hire a Creative Director, Social to join our rapidly growing Social Creative Lab at Dentsu Creative. You will report to the Group Creative Director and will be working on Social AOR for multiple well-known brands – this includes evergreen social, reactive opportunities and larger social-first campaigns, as well as in-house and external productions, and new biz pitches.
Our culture is everything. Everyone is here to make great work in a collaborative environment that runs on creative energy. We also make a promise… if you join our group, you will make a lot of great work for your book.
Dedication to craft:
- We want to make beautiful things for the internet in whatever format is deemed most relevant. We stand out in the market because every detail is considered. We consider the small things as much as we do the big.
Of the internet’ thinking:
- We’re looking for talent that has a deep passion for people and how they activate on the internet. You’ll need to be able to connect our brands to culture and have a strong track record of consistency with groundbreaking campaigns.
- You should be obsessed with pop culture, have a personal interest in social networks - particularly TikTok, Twitter and Instagram - and whatever cool new thing pops up next.
- You’re an early adopter and experimenter – you were playing around with BeReal months ago.
- You’re a social-first creative who understands social-first thinking doesn’t end in channel
- You have the belief that all facets of social are powerful and deserve the same care – from text-only tweets to an IG story to collaborating with the influencer team, and especially large activations that drive UGC.
Things this job is NOT:
- A social post factory.
- We are not the ‘can you do the social posts for my TV spot’ group. We win our own clients. We run our own projects. We have our own relationships with clients (and they really are awesome).
- Limited. We work whatever format makes sense for the project.
- 8+ years of experience
- Examples of digital-first thinking. You need to love the internet and creating in that space.
- Comfortable leading large teams (ex: 5-8 creatives at a time per client); we move at speed, we make lots of work, we need clear-eyed leaders. You need to love mentoring junior talent.
- Interest in and ability to manage high volume of work while maintaining a high level of craft and creativity
- You can master and keep straight multiple tones of voice
- Independent and forward-thinker who believes in total accountability
- Experience building and navigating relationships and trust with clients
- Multiple levels of production experience – from big to small budgets
- Understanding of importance of strategy to the work that we do and authoritatively push internal partners to get creative teams what they need
Working with us
Joining Dentsu Creative, you will be part of a creative network, delivering ideas that are brought alive in new ways. Along the way, you will team up with inspiring people across the world and become part of a truly inclusive culture where everyone is given the opportunity to thrive and create the best work of their careers; always learning and always listening to shape ideas, create culture and change behavior. By bringing together the capabilities, experience and relationships of our collective experts, the opportunities for personal growth and development are endless.
We are united by four signature strengths:
Boundless Creativity – Kitsune Fox: In Japanese culture – the Kitsune Fox sees the future. We run towards the future, forever asking: what’s next? Our imagination has no limit. Our clients seek us out because we believe there is no problem we cannot solve with the power of modern creativity.
Intelligent Scale - Ryujin Dragon: The Ryujin Dragon controls the ocean and the tides. We flow the right talent around the right brief in the right moment, wherever it sits in the world. We scale our unique ideas with precision, using intelligent technology to make personal connections with millions around the world.
Obsessive Craft - Orizuru Crane: The Orizuru Crane carries the soul up to paradise. It inspires the most classic and iconic Japanese origami. We elevate the soul of our work with an obsessive focus on craft, nurturing the next-gen craft skills needed to soar in a modern world.
Radical Collaboration - Kohaku Koi: The Koi swim upstream against the tide, united as one. We chart new territory through the power of radical collaboration. We seamlessly connect Creativity, Media and CXM to imagine new solutions at the intersection of craft, data, culture, and innovation.
We believe our work can only resonate in the modern world if the people behind it reflect the modern work. We can only be truly relevant when we create a truly inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. That means – we are tough on the work but gentle with each other. We lead with empathy and are always listening and always learning. We support each other, we cheer for each other, we win together. We celebrate difference as the only way to make the work that makes a difference.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $113,00 - $174,500. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary incentive compensation. The company’s incentive compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying. #LI-SS3