Creative Director of Production
Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
We’re seeking a Creative Director of Production who will give voice to the creative execution of Vevo original programming and oversee and mentor a team of in-house creative producers.
You have a singular passion to cinematically bring to life what you innately love about music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
Reporting to the Executive Producer of Original Content and Production, as Creative Director, you will play a key role in the development and success of the Original Content and Production team. Collaborating with both internal and external teams as well as developing and collaborating on the creative of our original artist promotional content.
This role will be responsible for conceptualizing creative, treatment development, pitching artist teams, and ensuring that the final creative is executed. You will work closely with the Executive Producer and other Senior producers to make sure all our artist promotional content is the best in the industry.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York. We are in a convenient location in Times Square, accessible from Penn Station, Port Authority & Grand Central, as well as a host of subway options.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Conceptualize thoughtful and visually elevated cinematic performances with Top Tier artists and in studio content in collaboration with Executive Producer and team of producers
- Develop or refine custom weekly treatments and creative decks for all original content
- Oversee the film capture of weekly artist promotional content in our NY and LA studios
- Be available to produce and Direct on prestige campaigns from time to time including Vevo Official Live Performances, Vevo Live Sessions, and Vevo DSCVR campaigns
- Communicate project assignments to producers in collaboration with Executive Producer
- Work closely with other departments in collaboration with Executive Producer including, graphics, marketing, post production, and research and insight teams
This describes you:
- Progressive and interesting taste in film production and the ability to establish and communicate that taste through treatment writing, project concepts, and execution
- Know and understand production logistics including who does what on set
- Able to manage and effectively lead a production crew both in studio and on location
- Willing and able to direct short form documentary and in studio content as needed
- Works incredibly well with a team and able to motivate and develop direct reports and associate producers
- Really great vibe on set and able to bring a level of calm and leadership to any production
- 10 years’ experience as a filmmaker / Producer
- Must have experience working in content production, music video, and documentary
- Must be able to prove treatment writing and image sourcing capability
- Must submit a reel of past work
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing relationships with industry leading Directors, DPs, and other production crew members a plus.
The pay range for this position is: $140,000 - $160,000 per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in the office. Vevo currently operates in a hybrid work model and requires all employees, who have not been designated as "remote" to be in office/studio a minimum of 3 days a week.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.