The Creative Director will be responsible for the visual identity of all Morning Brew products.
They will build an all-encompassing brand language for the Brew that brings cohesion between our flagship brand (Morning Brew) and existing and emerging sub-brands and franchises.
The ideal candidate has a deep well of expertise around all facets of design, including but not limited to: newsletters and websites, branding for multimedia franchises, video design,
social media posts, experiential initiatives, educational programming, and sales/marketing
collateral. This person is a master of the principles behind effective branding, photography, animation and illustration. They’re someone who’s open to experimentation and reinvention, especially when considering the visual evolution of the Morning Brew brand. They must have a keen eye for best-in-class visual narratives and have enthusiasm around building eye-popping deck templates. They excel at managing teams and creating infrastructure through building libraries and asset management systems from the ground up. They should be able to think strategically and execute tactically.
The role is best suited for an energetic self-starter with a bias to action. Someone who’s a natural collaborator who can comfortably work with a wide array of stakeholders across content, product, and revenue teams to create experiences with purpose. The work will be, at times, incremental; it may also be transformative. A game-for-anything attitude is a must.
The Creative Director will report to the Chief Content Officer.
Here’s What You’ll Be Working On:
- Establish creative direction and high-level guidance for all editorial products across the organization
- Create and maintain a company style guide, a set of company-wise design principles, and our own custom design library
- Manage and optimize the visual asset creation workflows, with an eye toward improved capacity and efficiency
- Directly manage the Design Team Art Director and support the team of graphic designers
- Drive a strategic roadmap of initiatives in collaboration with Design Infrastructure, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing leadership
- Partner with the Director of Product Design to define the Morning Brew parent company digital design principles and how they translate into user experiences
- Work directly with the Creative Studio Associate Director of Art/Design to provide photo, production, and process support to the Branded Content
- Work with Multimedia team to ensure motion graphics support Morning Brew shows
- Project manage design and asset creation for experiential and educational initiatives
- Own the development and advancement of design resources and design thinking for the company at large
What makes you qualified?
- 10+ years of experience working in design, with at least 5 years experience in cross-functional team management
- Proven experience in developing digital and multimedia brands, and a deep understanding of all aspects of brand identity, including typography, iconography, illustration, photography, motion design language and messaging.
- Experience creating materials for sales and marketing teams
- Knowledge of design principles relative to UX
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly convey design direction and concepts
- Ability to anticipate and lead a design evolution that will enable Morning Brew’s growth amidst rapid change
- Exceptional design and art direction background
What else are we looking for?
- Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
- Respectful Candor -- We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
- Empathy -- We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
- Inclusivity -- We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
- Curiosity -- We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
- Accountability -- We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
- Bias Toward Action -- We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
- Challenger Mentality -- We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
- Clarity of Purpose -- We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
- While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
- US Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
- 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
- Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.