The Honest Company has kicked off a search for a new Creative Director! In this role, you will lead the ongoing production of all Honest marketing and promotional campaigns to drive business growth. As a Creative Director, you’ll partner with cross functional
stakeholders to develop and execute conceptual work that meets the needs of our consumer. This role reports directly into the Chief Growth Officer. If you are a true thought leader and creative guru that thrives in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you.
What you’ll do:
- Build, inspire and lead a small in house creative team
- Create world class marketing that creates a connection with our brand and inspires demand for our products in digitally progressive ways.
- Be a guardian and champion of our brand and style guide helping on-board and coach new creative team members to ensure we consistently build brand equity and elevate our creative mastery in-house.
- Guide the execution for brand identity across all aspects of the brand experience including all channels and media vehicles (advertising, digital/social, packaging, Ecommerce, retail, experiential), ensuring a cohesive brand experience across every touch point for the consumer.
- Drive our overall print and pattern strategy across our products to make style and pattern a strategic ownable point of difference for the brand.
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas. Build a culture of ideation and creativity into the fabric of the Honest internal culture.
- Create brief-driven concepts and conceptual presentations. Present and sell work to internal executives and key stakeholders
- Mentor, develop and lead junior talent, providing clear direction and constructive feedback to build a high performance team
- Collaborate cross functionally with a spirit of business partnership and creative problem solving.
The pay range for this role is $157K - $200K base salary. Actual compensation is based on many factors including but not limited to depth of experience, skill level, ability, knowledge, education, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total rewards package for this position may also include base, annual incentive plan, benefits, retirement plan, equity, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An outstanding creative. You’re a superstar in your field with a gleaming portfolio to match.
- A strong communicator and collaborator. You’ll work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail
- Flexible and resilient. You’re patient and positive in the face of project drift
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or Masters in Design.
- 7-8 years of experience in web design, graphic design, mobile video & digital media, packaging design
- 5+ years experience in a creative lead role; experience leading and developing others
- Proven track record of having demonstrated creativity and innovation with working knowledge of retail, E-commerce, social media best practices so you innovate beyond them.
- Experience in CPG / lifestyle/ digitally progressive brands/ company.
- Strong and impeccable aesthetic consistent with Honest that leverages our inspired-by- real people heritage in relevant and distinctive expressions.
- Relevant photo/advertising composition background with expertise in concepting and overseeing/directing shoots & production for multiple platform applications.
- Creative portfolio of results oriented work that shows a diversity of experience across both online and offline media and retail channels.
- Strong business acumen, with a solid understanding of how to achieve business objectives while meeting an expected brand standard and high bar for aesthetic
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
MUST PROVIDE PORTFOLIO FOR CONSIDERATION
Bonus points for:
- Combination of in-house and agency experience
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent - Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.