The Creative Director for Social/Digital Design for MTV Entertainment will be responsible for the creative development, oversight and execution of all MTV Entertainment design projects for our social and digital platforms. The role requires a conceptual advertising and branding expert with strong design, leadership and client skills to work across all of our digital platforms. We’re looking for someone with an understanding of branding within our digital footprint, including, but not limited to, our social media and digital partners and our O and O platforms -- with a desire to develop a team that crafts fantastic work. Candidate will bring high level design and visual communication capability, a broad visual vocabulary, and peer-recognized experience. This role requires a high level of leadership skills including the capacity to be responsible for large scale, high impact projects. Candidate will understand and embrace the role of A/B testing in the creative process. The role will bring new partnerships and new talent to the organization to ensure we have the fantastic design storytellers!
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Work with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Production Management to ideate, develop and implement campaign creative.
- Lead all aspects of design and execution of all channel branding elements, ensuring quality across platforms and campaigns.
- Work with network production and development teams to develop and implement short form packaging.
- Lead multiple design teams of (internal/external) talent. Manage and mentor a staff of Design Directors, Art Directors and Designers.
- Direct internal and external photographers, photo editors and producers
- 12+ years’ experience at a network, agency or entertainment company.
- BA, BFA, or trade school degree in Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Advertising or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of standard motion, animation and photo-based design techniques, tools and software.
- 360 degree creative experience including TV, strong emphasis on digital and social platforms
- On-set experience – directing or assisting shoots for print and/or TV
- Extensive experience with type design and logo development.
- Brand and consumer insight savvy.
- Knowledge of pop culture, celebrity culture and hip hop culture!
- A proven adaptable leader that is decisive.
- Even tempered in stressful conditions.
- Able to adjust and respond quickly to new situations. Able to manage teams through ambiguity and change.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.