ZapierUnited States8 days ago
We’re looking for our first Creative Director to evolve Zapier’s brand. You will lead the definition of our brand’s visual identity and ensure we are projecting a consistent, differentiated and memorable brand. You’ll manage and hire a growing brand design team responsible for creating engaging and original on-brand experiences for our product, communications, partnerships, marketing, support and advertising programs.
This position works closely with our Head of Brand, Brand Designers, Product Designers, Content, Program managers, Video, and Communications to imagine and produce brand experiences across all channels.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You have a deep passion for Design and Brand. You likely have spent a decade plus designing brands either at agencies or in-house.
You create and connect a brand strategy that helps the business connect with their desired customers. You are able to set the strategic agenda that helps Zapier better appeal to our target customers..
You’ve worked on or led a Brand redesign process. You live and breathe brand and know how to deploy it across every experience a customer might have with a company. You have worked on or led the process of development of a company brand identity, extending to guidelines for all aspects of the brand including product, marketing, advertising, social, events, communications and internal use.
You’re a skilled manager, mentor, and coach. You have strong leadership skills and have led teams of 3+. You are able to organize, motivate, and elevate the creative output and skills of those around you. You're able to teach others and provide a clear framework for growth, while managing objectives and ensuring quality deliverables.
You thrive on cross-discipline collaboration. Great brands are felt in all aspects of the company. You love to work with marketing, product, and stakeholder teams to drive planning, design and execution. You can effectively build relationships across the organization as an advocate for customers while managing stakeholders to bring the organization along on the journey.
You can incorporate customer insights to create compelling brand experiences. The best brands are backed by an intimate understanding of customers and markets. You can use that data to make a brand speak directly to those customers in ways that draw them into our products and experiences.
Things You’ll Do
- Build a design strategy and creative vision to connect Zapier’s value to our target customers and help grow market share
- Lead the overhaul of our brand’s visual identity to reflect our company’s vision and position in the market — create a unique, memorable identity that lives in harmony in our product, communications, partnerships, marketing, support and advertising programs.
- Connect our design strategy with Zapier’s business objectives and priorities. Assess and measure design impact to ensure ideas are as powerful in reality as they are in concept.
- Define brand attributes and ensure brand consistency across the customer experience, working closely with Marketing, Design, Product, and Executive teams
- Establish processes, systems, and programs to enable internal and external stakeholders to leverage and maintain the brand.
- Manage, mentor, and grow the Brand design team. Ensure all creative assets are of high quality, reflect brand standards, are on budget and on time.
- Oversee and standardize both in-house and external agencies and production of creative work, across the organization.
- Mature our design operations to prioritize requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects as a team.
- Partner with the VP of Design and VP of Product to ensure consistency of the brand across the end to end experience. Work closely with marketers, writers, and product designers to ensure all customer-facing work furthers the brand and overall creative direction.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.