We're looking for a strategic and story-first Creative Director to guide and build the Springboard brand. As part of the overall marketing team, you will serve as an evangelist for our brand identity and voice, ensuring that creative across our company works to represent Springboard in a unified and effective way that helps us achieve our business goals. You’re a creative leader, a constant innovator and a hands-on creator. You love collaborating with other passionate professionals to elevate brand, design, and the customer experience.
This remote flexible role can be based out of any of these states: CA, AZ, NY, TX, FL & MA.
- Own the vision, development, and deployment of the Springboard brand across the organization, including playing a significant role in the upcoming Springboard brand redesign.
- Bring a deeply strategic approach to design and copy and a passion for how words and visuals come together to define what a brand feels like in the world.
- Think conceptually to develop ideas that connect Springboard’s audiences with the brand in imaginative and impactful ways.
- Lead the creative ideation and execution for all marketing activities, including performance creatives, email, video, owned social media, and more.
- Be the voice of the brand; influencing decisions across the company and driving creative excellence, which will help us increase positive perceptions of and attract new customers to the Springboard brand.
- Know the user and be on the pulse of trends, innovation, and culture - spotting and identifying opportunities to bring the brand into the conversation in creative ways.
- This role will work closely with our product marketing, user acquisition, and content teams; and will be responsible for leading relationships with freelancers and agency partners, with a view to building an in-house creative team over time.
- 8+ years of proven experience in a creative leadership role.
- Highly strategic with a deep understanding of brand and performance marketing
- An ability to use insights to tell a powerful story that drives consumer action.
- Experience managing freelancers, agencies, and production partners across design, copywriting, and motion.
- Experience taking business goals and translating them into creative direction and execution.
- Exceptional presentation skills — a requirement for both internal and external creative presentations.
- Proven omnichannel knowledge: digital/social/traditional media/content and have the ability to ideate and guide work for specific media channels and platforms.
- Positive – a bridge-builder and an excellent collaborative partner to cross-departmental leads.
- Demonstrated work with video.
- Previous in-house tech/startup experience preferred.
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.