The Creative Director (Design) is responsible for leading a large in-house creative design team in the development and implementation of the TJMaxx multichannel brand expression. The Creative Director provides vision and oversight to effectively translate strategy into brand enhancing and revenue-generating initiatives with a focus on the digital an in-store customer experience.
- Partners with Creative Director Copy to interpret brand platforms and strategies to develop high-quality marketing campaigns that seamlessly integrate the needs of a fast-paced, rapidly evolving multi-channel business with building the brand and driving transactions on both site and in store.
- Data driven leader who understands how to coordinate brand, business, and customer context to drive traffic and conversion through content and design including social and digital media, email, site/web design, video, in-store signage/marketing and grand opening marketing.
- Develops and directs the multichannel brand photography vision, partnering with ACD Design to continuously evolve and execute elevated brand imagery.
Cross functional collaboration
- Collaborates with brand, project management, fashion merchandising, digital marketing, and insights & analytics teams to deliver performance driven customer centric rate of Content.
- Liaises with creative, media & PR agencies to fulfill integrated marketing campaigns throughout the year.
- Partners across internal brands to ensure differentiation in brand expressions.
Creative team management
- Generates and inspires teams to generate conceptual ideas that can be translated into commercialized creative work.
- Manages a team of art directors and designers charged with executing creative content at a rapid pace for an integrated marketing strategy with a focus on digital and print.
- Leads and develops high-performing teams including the growth of capabilities to mirror the consumer and media landscape.
- Creates and supports an open, authentic environment where diverse opinions are encouraged and respected.
- Enables collaborative and flexible teamwork.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff.
Financials & Budget
- Ownership/accountability of the creative photography budget,
- Partner with brand to manage the creative budget, ensure projects are produced on budget with adequate staffing needs,
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- 10+ years design experience with 3–5 years of management experience
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent degree or professional work experience
- Proven talent & amazing design sense
- Proven ability to work in all media with a heavy concentration in digital
- Proven understanding of store design and visual merchandising
- Extensive understanding of photography, video, illustration, print process, typography, 2D and 3-D design, digital media and associated production
- Proven ability to understand data/KPI performance and translate creative work
- Extensive photoshoot experience and talent network
- Proficient InDesign, Photoshop, illustrator, Microsoft office
- Experience collaborating with external creative, media and PR agencies
- Experience managing a medium to large creative staff
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects across retail and digital channels, while managing budgets and timelines
- Passion for fashion and trends
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.