Counsel, Uber Health
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
We’re looking for an outstanding attorney to join the Uber Health Legal team! This is a rare opportunity for an attorney to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain substantive, hands-on experience with business clients and external partners. In this role, you will provide advice and mentorship to the fast-growing Uber Health business on contracting, regulatory and product matters. Uber Health is on a mission to help change care delivery for the better.
What You'll Do:
- Negotiate commercial agreements and business associate agreements with healthcare customers, such as hospital systems and health plans
- Proactively supervise and advise the business on current and new laws and regulations that could impact Uber Health’s business model and growth
- Lead hands-on regulatory and legislative projects, including drafting comments for regulatory proceedings, analyzing draft legislation and policies, and interacting with regulators on behalf of the company
- Advise the product and tech teams on the development and operation of new features and functionality for the Uber Health product
- Collaborate with a variety of internal partners including compliance, policy, operations, product, engineering and other teams to provide practical and timely advice to the business
- Minimum of 5 years legal experience OR minimum 4+ years experience + 1 year Uber internal experience
- Private practice, government, and/or in-house experience
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
- Familiarity with healthcare laws, especially the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA and the False Claims Act is preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts is helpful
- Familiarity with Medicaid, Medicare, and/or other government health care programs
- Experience advising on regulatory risk in sophisticated and heavily regulated industries; experience with unique technology issues is a plus
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to perform in forward-thinking, constantly evolving and growing environments
- Passion about Uber!
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $195,000 per year - $216,500 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $195,000 per year - $216,500 per year.
For Washington, DC-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $195,000 per year - $216,500 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.