Counsel, Intellectual Property
Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 50,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
Tubi is adding a Counsel-level attorney to focus on Intellectual Property matters to our growing legal team. The legal department is run by our General Counsel and comprises eight different teams supporting the business and legal operations for the company. We are fast-paced and collaborative while we work on challenging issues, and strive to be an excellent partner to our fellow Tubies. This position will report to our Deputy General Counsel.
- Support teams in establishing and maintaining IP governance policies and standard operating procedures
- Support teams in responding to, investigating, managing, and resolving IP disputes or related matters
- Initiate, track, and manage workflows related to IP claims (e.g., DMCA removals, etc)
- Support IP rights management for our growing catalog of Original movie and television content
- Assist in the continued growth of our trademark and patent portfolios, including cross-functional education and support
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating IP licensing agreements
- Organize and provide IP training
- Provide support to the legal team on long-term projects and other process improvements that drive efficiency within the team
- 3+ years legal experience with a focus on intellectual property at an entertainment, media, advertising, and/or technology company, or at a law firm (or a combination of both)
- Familiar with US IP laws, rules, regulations, and best practices; experience with ad technology and machine learning will be a plus
- Strong organization and project management skills, with experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders cross functionally
- Experience drafting and reviewing IP licensing agreements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment
- Ability to multitask, and manage work through ambiguity and competing priorities under time constraints
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
- JD received from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school
- Admission to the state bar in at least one U.S. state; admission to the USPTO
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
California, New York City, Westchester County, NY and Seattle, WA
Colorado and Washington (excluding Seattle, WA)
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 10 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.