The Costing Specialist will analyze, update and validate the projected costs of all products. In addition, they will be responsible for maintaining manufacturing standards for all materials.
- Coordinate, analyze, prepare and update the projected costs of all products produced by Great Lakes Cheese.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and reduce costs, working with operations management.
- Improve the accuracy of standard cost systems.
- Validate projected costs of all products and update standards.
- Understand various pricing structures and programs to assist with price set up and maintenance.
- Reconcile new item costing prior to product commercialization.
- Monitor and report trim generation and utilization.
- Create and Maintain BOM standards for increased operational and financial accuracy.
- Analyze key cost drivers that are relevant and will drive profitability; develop reports that are user friendly and communicate their relevance.
- Recommend improved systems to make cost updates more efficient.
- Develop detailed analysis based on project request.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree-seeking in a finance, costing or business related field.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong math aptitude and quantitative problem solving approach.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite ability including: Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to frame opportunities in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- General understanding of Pricing and Operations processes.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- SAP experience.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes.
- General understanding of equipment capabilities in the Dairy Industry.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer