Corporate Securities Paralegal
We are looking for an experienced corporate paralegal to join the Governance and Securities team in the legal department and provide support on a broad range of matters, including securities and public company regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and corporate records for a NYSE-listed company.
This paralegal will be an integral member of the legal team and will report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Governance and Securities.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Support corporate governance processes of parent public company, including assistance with preparation of board of directors’ calendars and agendas; resolutions for board and committee meetings; and maintenance of director and officer files and board/committee minute books
- Assist with public company filings including but not limited to Form 8-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 10-K, and coordination with executive compensation team on Section 16 reports on Forms 3, 4 & 5
- Support insider trading policy compliance, including preparation of trading window calendars and Section 16 compliance memos, and support for pre-clearance trading procedures
- Manage and retaining records for 10b5-1 trading plans and trading approvals
- Assist with NYSE compliance, including notifications, interim affirmations, and annual affirmations
- Assist with preparation of DEF 14A (Proxy Statement), including support in preparing director and officer questionnaires, collaborating on draft development in Workiva, data collection, coordinating with key stakeholders, and managing communications with financial printer and mailing agent
- Assist with the preparation and execution of meetings of stockholders, including coordinating meeting logistics, engagement of and coordination with transfer agent, virtual shareholder meeting vendor, proxy solicitor and other third parties relating to preparations for the meeting
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal requests for corporate documentation and general corporate support
- Manage corporate calendar of filing dates and supporting actions
- Collaborate cross functionally, including with executive management, finance and accounting, HR and compensation, and sustainability teams
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve template documents and processes
What Do You Need To Bring?
- 3+ years of corporate paralegal experience in a large law firm or in-house legal department of a publicly-traded company
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience preferred
- Prefer candidates with working knowledge of requirements, best practices, processes and procedures related to corporate governance as well as NYSE-listed public company and SEC filing obligations
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiencies in multi-tasking, prioritization, organization, and verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Other beneficial skills and experience include: Workiva, CT Corporation hCue; Diligent Boards or other board material management portal; NYSE Listing Manager; ISS Governance platform
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER