Corporate Public Relations Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Autodesk is a communications pro’s dream gig. We have incredible stories to tell about architects, designers and others making amazing, real-world things with our software – skyscrapers, smart cars, bridges and blockbuster movies. We’re also dedicated to making a positive impact on people and the planet. In this role, you will provide support to the Corporate Communications team in their storytelling efforts across earned, owned and social media. You will help orchestrate earned media stories like these in Forbes, VentureBeat, Protocol and Fast Company. You will spend your days talking and writing about innovative company initiatives and talent as well as what makes Autodesk a great place to work. You will also play a supporting role in protecting the company’s reputation. If that sounds inspiring and you’re a can-do, well-organized person, this may be a great role for you.
- Collaborate with team members and company stakeholders to identify, shape and draft news announcements, customer stories and thought leadership content for our news site, ADSK NEWS
- Assist with development of other assets including social media content, presentations, videos, etc.
- Identify and conduct outreach to media and other influencers; prepare for and staff media interviews with experts and executive spokespeople
- Help with execution on media and analyst program for industry tradeshows and Autodesk-owned events like our annual user conference, Autodesk University
- Track and analyze data for earned media performance; draw insights that can inform and adjust our media strategies
- Monitor technology trends, competitor news, comms industry developments and flag opportunities to the team
- Co-manage social media listening program and escalate issues and threats
- Maintain corporate materials—company facts, leadership profiles, etc.
- Create and execute communications strategy for Brand Communications team
- Update internal communications channels for the Brand Communications team
- 3+ years of relevant work experience at a PR/marketing agency or in a relevant in-house role
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Ability to build and manage relationships with company stakeholders, peers and the media
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Flexibility and ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel required (<10%)
- Experience with PESO (paid, earned, social, owned) marketing model
- Experience with data analytics, social listening and/or visual editing tools (e.g. Cision, Trendkite, AirPR, Photoshop, Sprout, Lumen)
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.