Corporate Legal Specialist
You will handle subsidiary governance for Colgate-Palmolive’s U.S. subsidiaries and serve as a primary point of contact for members of Colgate-Palmolive’s global legal organization for subsidiary governance for non-U.S. subsidiaries. You will also be responsible for compliance with Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 for Colgate-Palmolive’s directors and executive officers, including preparing and filing Section 16 reports and maintaining stock ownership records. You will also provide support for Colgate-Palmolive’s insider trading policy compliance and certain financing activities.
- Review draft minutes, proxies and other governance documents from our various divisions
- Prepare documents such as powers of attorney, secretary’s certificates, certificates of incumbency and any other required officer certification.
- Prepare written consents for: officers and directors’ appointment, bank resolutions, dividend declaration and any other action tackled behalf of the subsidiary with the consent or meeting of the directors or shareholders.
- Coordinate document signing with Division personnel when required.
- Prepare and notarize documents for legalization at the appropriate Consulate, or for an apostille at the Office of the Secretary of State, depending on the foreign country involved.
- Maintain corporate records for all Delaware subsidiaries.
- Responsible for recording all corporate identification data for each subsidiary in the hCue database to ensure the most current information is available.
- Maintain listing of all subsidiaries.
- Incorporate, register, dissolve and qualify companies in U.S. jurisdictions.
- Ensure minutes for Delaware subsidiaries are maintained and filed in minute books.
- Support other members of the Global Legal Organization in all divisions in modernization projects, as needed.
- Provide quarterly subsidiary listing to PwC for compliance purposes.
Section 16 and Insider Trading
- Prepare and timely file Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5) with the SEC for Colgate-Palmolive’s directors and executive officers, using the hCue system.
- Handle Colgate’s insider list and window period process, including ensuring the insider population remains up to date and coordinating window period clearances.
- Coordinate review and signature of 10b5-1 plans.
- Maintain stock ownership records for Colgate-Palmolive’s directors and executive officers, including by working closely with individuals’ brokers and Colgate-Palmolive’s transfer agent and equity plan administrator.
- Maintain the Corporate Calendar.
- Run quarterly due diligence process for financing transactions.
- Provide notary services to non-corporate personnel as requested.
(Education, Knowledge required, Skills (language & other)
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- New York notary (or capability to quickly become one)
- Validated experience in a law firm or in-house legal environment
- Experience with hCue Entity Management System
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; a phenomenal teammate able to establish and build partnerships across all levels of the legal and business teams around the world.
- Must have the ability to multitask, balance multiple priorities and deliver results in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.